Spey Pages banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A prototype TCR 15` is being demonstrated here in England.Have you guys seen it in the States?

Regards Steve

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Sandy Clave

I believe there were four models, including a 15', at the clave in Portland. Hopefully there will be some comment from those who cast them.

·
Registered
148 Posts
yes pleeaaassee anyone who took one of these for a test drive do tell I'm in the market to spend some big $$$$ and would appreciate any feed back on this stick....thnx

·
Jolly Buddha
504 Posts
I used one (Sandy Spey Clave), with one of my lines (Skagit Line). I believe it was a 14ft 8wt. I’m a “Skagit caster” It fit my style nicely. I never really got the chance to really test it there wasn’t room on the river. I tried heavy sink tips (My own T-14 10ft.) and it handled it nicely. Easy casting not much effort to cast. A friend was trying it out and he loved it. So that when I took it out for a spin. After talking with Sage reps. the rod will not be out for a while. When they come out I will get one.
:hehe:

·
EAT IT!!!
338 Posts
Bugged the area rep last time I saw him about the TCR's. He was darn tight lipped, and said other projects had put the TCR speyrods on hold for a while, but who knows what the real deal is. Good to hear they were nice casting rods. Brian, any comment on the rod action? The TCR name implies a super stiff rod, was that really the case?

·
Jolly Buddha
504 Posts
Dr
I'm a short rod kinda guy, I did try the long rods. 14' is the longest rod I use. The best way to think about it is 8124 (8124 was the rod I used for years) longer and stiffer. For the distance I was casting there was plenty more power left in the rod. I used SA Spey Short Head/Home made line on it (730 grains) with no problems.

·
Registered
201 Posts
That is excellent news, especially if you, ( Like me,) have been anxiously awaiting the arrival of the world's first thousand-dollar-fishing pole!

·
Damn fish ladder
199 Posts
First?

Unfortunately, Leonard was the first to make a $1000 "fishing pole" back in the 60s or 70s with their Centennial rod...veefish dot net actually has one for sale!

I believe that course-fish match POLES used in Europe can be quite a bit above $1000 too.

Now, there is the whole matter of an associate of mine who got $10K for his Garrison cane rod... and a few Payne's now for sale in the $7000-$9500 range. And the Gillums and the dickersons and the Carlsons in the $4000+ range.

I agree that it is simply unimaginable for a fishing rod to cost that much...now, a SPEY ROD...I'd pay a grand for that :chuckle:

brooklyn angler

1 - 8 of 8 Posts