Spey Pages banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard a whisper today that sage are bringing out a 15 foot TCR spey rod this summer. This could be very interesting does anybody know anything about this?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I've heard reports of three models. I forget the lengths but a 12.5' #8 sticks in my mind. Supposedly influenced by Scandanavian styles and suitable for long shooting heads. Good God! I can't imagine what 15' of TCR would cost:whoa:

·
Banned
103 Posts
Eddie said:
...Good God! I can't imagine what 15' of TCR would cost:whoa:
I was interested until Eddie made that statement... man, I'll bet it'll be quite pricey :whoa: :eyecrazy:

·
"Sing"
51 Posts
TCR

... but do all of you who are excited about TCR spey rods like the TCR single handers?

I know, and I agree they are performance rods, but do you really prefer to fish with them over other rods? I personally don't. And don't feel you're a bad caster if you don't like the TCR simply because Sage claims they are "for expert casters only."

-Sing

·
Damn fish ladder
199 Posts
for one thing

I used a friend's TCR 5 weight on a big river in big wind. My cane rods (made by me) were not doing much. His rod was. Would i want to fish with it all of the time? No way. I'd go up to a strong 7 wt dickerson, but that's a heavy rod.

·
EAT IT!!!
338 Posts
Re: TCR

pupafoo said:
I know, and I agree they are performance rods, but do you really prefer to fish with them over other rods? I personally don't. -Sing
Yeah, no kidding. They are sure great for hero casts in the parking lot behind the shop, but on the water, they don't fish (for me) as well as a lot of other rods. And screwing up a cast with these rods is easier than any other single hander I have ever fished. I love the xp's and slt's, but the TCR isn't a good fishing tool for me.

Now, If Sage makes some 2-handed broads for the parking lot and charges a billion dollars for them, I doubt they would go over. Something tells me they are smart enough to make a the light, fast, but fishable rods they have built their STRONG reputation on. If they call them a TCR, or whatever, it makes no difference. I'll put doubt aside for a little bit, and trust Sage to make a good product, until I am proved wrong by that product itelf. While the TCR's aren't my Favorite single handers, they do exactly what Sage says they do, and they are what they are. Hopefully Sage will make a great fast action two hander-and put the TCR label on it simply for marketing rather than a description of its action. I guess we will see!

·
Registered
76 Posts
I fished the #8 TCR for permit for a few days, and I think that saying that they are only good for "hero casts in a parking lot" is not really being fair. I thought it was excellent in those conditions. I also fished a Powell Tiburon and a XP. All great rods, but the TCR had a definite edge.
For a two handed rod...we'll have to see. I assume that they will be red and fast, with a taper that will be favored by Scandanavian casters(what ever that means...I suspect Goran Anderson could cast beutifuly with any rod).

·
Pin cushion
101 Posts
WOW

At 750.00 for the 9 footer that figures out to 1250.00 for the 15 footer!!!!:eyecrazy: :whoa:

·
Registered
630 Posts
I think its good to see sage going in a new direction for a change! And that should be one hell of a two hander after spending some time with the 8wt single hander as of late. Will have to check with a couple sources about the new rods, could be very interesting indeed:D

Brian

1 - 12 of 12 Posts