Spey Pages banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We hear a lot about T &T, Meiser, Loop, G Loomis and the like, but very little about Sage. Has anyone tried the 9140 TCR Sage rod? If so, how does it stack up againts the rest?
Stan

The road the fly casting excellence is a never ending journey.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Maybe I'm not seeing all posts but to me a good number of posts are on Sage rods. (For a while I thought that EVERYONE owned and fished wiyth a Sage rod.)

Do a search on "9140" and a list of Sage, (and Loop) rod posts will be listed. The thread labeled " Help: Too many Sage 9 weights !!!" seems to have some good info on the 9140 TCR rod.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Sage Tcr 9140-4

We use the SAGE TCR 9140-4 with a 34 gram shooting head. When you want to use a mid belly line, the SA Short Spey 9/10 works great to. The rod is an extreemly smooth and easy to cast rod. The all rounder in the TCR series. Great heavy steelhead rod and all around salmon rod

·
#&%*@^# Caster
3,058 Posts
I spent some time with the 1510 a couple weekends ago with a carron tournament line. Very nice combo. The rod is a whooping stick and if you are after big fish it is not a bad choice. Really likes using an underhand pull on the forward cast and throws some lazer loops. I had not liked this rod the first time I tried it but I thing is was not lines correctly. You really need to load it up but when you do it works well.

-sean

·
Speyshop's Speybum
462 Posts
Speytarded

I have been working with the Sage TCR 9140 for a few months now.
Cast very nice and very light to the Feel.
Been mostly casting a Carron Jetstream 9/10 on it working through the casting faults.
The rod seems to load over a good grain Window form about 555 grains to about 700 grains.
The only thing that I would like to see the Grip slimmer for people with smaller hands.

:smokin:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts