Spey Pages banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Double-handed Spey Freak
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody tell me where Sage DS stands for? I know it means discovery serie, but what is the difference from a DS and the normal factory line?

Thanks.
Robert l.

·
Registered Potamophile
111 Posts
Discovery Series

DS was the introductory line a few years ago,they have been replaced with the Launch series. Sage used Graphite II, I think they are up to G5 now.

Casts short and long. I used my 2 piece DS2 590 it to pass my FFF Casting Instructor test with an SA XXD 5 weight line. I can hit 85-90 feet on a good day on the grass...with a tail wind...downhill...:roll:

·
Member FRSCA
2,264 Posts
I cast a friends original DS series 9140 today, have to say I was impressed. With an ultra slow underhand stroke the 38ft full sink 9/10 Hardy heads were just zooming out of this stick. With better running line management I would have been putting flies in trees across the river. I really like the butt cap of the lower cork, nice for a minimul index finger/thumb grip. I had told my buddy numerous times I thought the 9/10's would be too light for that rod, I was wrong, almost felt as though she could go a bit lighter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts