Spey Pages banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is my first post on this forum so hello!

How would you guys rate the sage 9141-4 GIV rod? (green blank)
I have been searching the old posts for opinions, but i havent found anything. I will use it with shooting heads (around 11.5 meters) and the underhand casting style.
Does the rod handle a normal-sinking shooting-head well?

Do you think i will be better off choosing the T&T-1409, or the Loomis IMX slate 13' #9-10?

The price i have to pay is about the same for these 3 rods, except that the sage will come with more lines than i ever going to need. :D :)

·
Coednakedspey
168 Posts
The 9141-4 is a pretty sweet rod. It is a bit more difficult to time than other two handers because it is on the quicker side of things due to it's taper and responsive graphite, but once mastered it should throw just about any tip you want. If I wasn't so happy with my current two hander, I'd probably have a look at this one.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Still silence around the 9141-4....

What is the cach with this rod? It doesnt seem all that popular?
Pepole seem to prefer the old 9140-3! Why?

(I might buy a 9141-4 next week so i like to know)

//BB

·
Coednakedspey
168 Posts
Bennyb, sorry for the lack of response. I was away from the Computer off and on for a while due to monitor problems. My current two hander is the predeccessor to the Sage 9141-4, which is the Sage 9140-3 Euro. The 9140-3 has a more powerful butt section/more progressive action and is easier to time than the 9141-4, but, because the 9141-4 has quicker/different taper and more responsive graphite this contributes to it having a quicker feel and being a little bit more difficult to time. I like both rods but prefer my 9140-3, even if it's 3 pieces.

·
Pullin' Thread
4,694 Posts
The Loomis IMX 13' 9/10 is a much stiffer and faster rod than the Sage 9141-4 that does a marvelous job of casting heavy Skagit or Scandanavian style shooting heads. It is a light rod with tremendous power; but keep in mind that it is a very fast rod that was designed more for 2-handed surf casting than spey casting, athough it spey casts well.

The T&T 1409 is one of the greatest casting, fast-action 14' rods on the market. It casts everything from Skagit or Scandanavian style shooting heads to long-belly spey line very well. It is a lot faster than the Sage 9141-4 though not quite as fast as the IMX 13' 9/10.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts