Spey Pages banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
North Santiam Spey Caster
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 14' 9wt Sage TCX custom built by myself up fore sale. Rod is in new shape, never been fished, and well taken care of. I built in some brazillian hard wood into the handle, with a down locking nickle silver reel seat. Hate to see this rod go, it is just way more rod than what I need. Contact Marcus (503)-983-0466, $485 obo, I take Paypal, check, and money order and am willing to ship over seas provided buyer picks up shipping cost. Will

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
what is the weight difference in this rod compared to the factory make? Im looking to purchase a rod for fishing for kings

·
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what is the weight difference in this rod compared to the factory make? Im looking to purchase a rod for fishing for kings
the weight difference is minamal. the balanace or feel is going to be different as the factory uses an uplocking seat. the down locking seat brings the balance back. the profile of my grip is more erganomic. I added a slight bit of weight to the handle with the wood to also help bring the balance back. I used a Urathane based finish on the guide wraps tacking weight off the tip of the rod while adding strength and durrabilty compared to the high build epoxy factory finish. My custom build will feel and perform smoother more erganomicly on a day of fishing without sacrificing any power or castabilty. Plus the guides I used are an upgrade from the factory guides giving you more line control, shootabilty, general durabilty, and performance. this rod is an outstanding king rod it will launch shooting heads where you need them and has great back bone to handle a king.

·
Registered
54 Posts
im super interested... what is the weight of the reel that you have on this rod? also, do you have rod tube, sock, etc. And where are you located in N Oregon? I live in the Tacoma area and would love to meet up to take a look at this rod if you have a chance?

·
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
price drop $375.00 an amazing value for this rod. I really cant believe it hasn't sold yet.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts