Spey Pages banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know anything about this rod? I did a search, and Stefan (of Germany, I think) seems to be the only one who has experience with it. Evidently a prototype that never went into production, or at least was soon discontinued. Wondering about the action--traditional or fast--and its capacity to throw heavy tips. I like the idea of a 12.5 ft. 9 wt.

·
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic
1,771 Posts
I own the rod. If you would like to purchase it I will part with it for $400 USD prepaid, split the shipping.

This is an older Sage Euro action rod that can underhand spey and overhead cast well. Mine has been used, but is still in solid fishing condition.

Retail in it's day was over $600 if I recall.

·
Registered
51 Posts

Debarb,
like Juro said the 9126 is an older model. Mine is about 5 years old and was one of the latest.
I feel the rod more on the heavier side, more of a 10 weight. It works pretty good underhand casting with shorter heads and also with heavy tips (casting 24 ft T-14 no problem). But for all day fishing for me it feels a little bit heavy and stiff.
On the other hand my 9126 seems to be really indestructible, survived many heavy flies, trees and snagged stones.
Hope that helps
Stefan

·
1,771 Posts
$350, you pay shipping. :)

Frankly I think it's a great short spey / overhead rod but I am liquidating stuff for a truck canopy to cover the bed of my pickup for the fall.

J

·
0 Posts
It's a three-piece Euro action that is a very sweet design. It was designed by Goran Andersson who is also mostly responsible for the Loop double-handed rods. It was an early attempt at designing a rod for Goran's underhand style of speycasting. I used a 9/10/11 Windcutter on it when I had it. Sold it to a fishing buddy who, I think, still uses that particular line on it.

·
1,771 Posts
The rod is SOLD.

New canopy here I come!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts