Spey Pages banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any comment's on the sage 8126 I'am going to sell my maxwell rod and add another sage to the rack 8126 look's like it would be a nice small river & dry line rod.

·
Registered
378 Posts
The 8126 is my choice for winter fishing on the Squamish and Cheakamus as well I've fished it a fair amount up north with just a dry line.Due to it's shorter length,it works especially well with scandanavian style shooting heads. I have tried a variety of lines including the following:
Mid-spey8/9(pretty good)
Long delta8/9(head seemed a touch long)
Long delta9/10(nuts)
delta8/9(primo)
Loop 9 (primo)
cortland8/9(decent)
guideline8/9(very good)
A nice edition to the quiver nom doubt. Which Maxwell rod are you selling?Brian Niska

·
Licensed Curmudgeon
41 Posts
RE:Sage 8126-3(graphite IV)

I've never been a Sage fan, but last week I had a client with this particular model, & I fell in love:eyecrazy:
His line was a WC8/9/10 multitip, & the rod was very effortless @ 50'-90'(hey, the river is only 100' wide!). Type 3 tip was no problem, the type 6 tip required a Perry Poke/Armenian Spey(more a problem with my having spent the last 5 weeks with a 7' 3wt).
IMHO, this is a sweet stick. If you like the Sage feel, & the rod is big enough for the water you fish, then go for it.
Best fishes,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts