Spey Pages banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a Sage 7136-4 (13.5 foot, 7 wt) traditional action rod that I'm looking to unload and would like to give it a chance at a good home before I put it on eBay. This is the "brownie" and has great action for those who like a more traditional style, however I found that the rod works fantastic with a light skagit (400 gr) or Scandi line. This is a great summer rod, perfect for skating flies, but it can pick up a tip, particularly when matched with the aforementioned skagit. I'm asking $250, including shipping. For another $125, I'll throw in a Teton Tioga 12 reel and a 6-7-8 Windcutter line, which I've modified for a loop-to-loop system to allow an easy switch out of the head in changing conditions. The blank is great condition and the reel seat looks very good. There is some coloring on the cork and signs of use on the ferrules, otherwise very clean. Will ship within the U.S. and can set up payment through PayPal. Email me for more information, [email protected]

Attachments

·
Single-Switch-Spey
326 Posts
3 or 4pc?

I only see three pieces. Is it a 3pc or 4pc?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Four-piece

Mumbles,
It's a four-piece. I just didn't pull the other section out for the photo. Realized that might be confusing, but didn't feel like shooting it again. It does include a sock and a tube, btw. No warranty card.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've got an offer on the rod and reel right now. In other words, sale pending. If it falls through I'll be considering any other interested offers for the rod and or reel.

·
JD
3,609 Posts
Original 7136-4 brownie

IMO these rods have been highly under rated. This one, I'm not quite sure what's going on as it lacks the original silver, not so desirable, reel seat. Being IIIe, I suspect it is late second generation. Still, very nice rods, as long as one can get along with the traditional action.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Brownie

Interested in rod. What is the deal with the reel seat? I thought the Brownies were graphite III and the greenies werr IIIe?

Jim

·
Registered
159 Posts
Brownies - graphite III, pre 2001, reel seat had a wood insert and metal fittings

Greenies - produced for one year (2001), graphite IIIe, black anodized reel seat, slightly faster rod but very similar

Post 2001 the Greenie became brown once more. The colour is slightly different from the original and isn't the same deep brown. It is still graphite IIIe and has same action as the Greenie.

I owned an original Brownie for years. It was really great with Skagit systems due to its slower action. It could handle a midspey 6/7 but the line didn't fly off of it. A friend I fish with regularly bought one of the newer brownies and it was very similar to mine with just a hair more guts.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts