Spey Pages banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sage 6126 or Loop Blue 7116

Sage 6126 or Loop Blue 7116

Can anyone offer any opinions/comments on either of these rods. Both would be suitable for GL angling where I would be using it for indicator nymphing, dryline work(if needed), polyleaders and up to 250 grain heads. Has anyone delt with both of the rods and can offer any opinions?

Facts/Questions:

- I loved the Sage Euro 12' 6" 6wt when I casted it....a superb rod.

- I have never casted the Loop Blue 11'6" 7wt, but I have heard good things about it.

- I own two Loops already and am in love with them.

- I am looking for a quicker, crisper rod. Casting distance is not a problem, I need a rod that recovers quick and offers control on smaller rivers.

- What rod would be better for shooting, or using condensed WF flyline with heads? I probaly will cut a Rio Salmon/Steelhead taper(9wt) with a 66' head down to 35' and add tips. Allowing me to roll cast, single and double spey....yet, pick up and shoot as well if needed.

- I will be balancing it with a Ross BG Canyon 6.

- I know the 6wt Sage could be a smaller 7wt. It seems like it in my hands. A little more power and butt. Of course, sage's 14'1" 7wt seems more like an 8wt from what I have heard?

I know what to expect and just wondering more about the Loop if anything else in reference to the sage.

J

·
0 Posts
I can make your decision easy for you. There is no Loop Blue Line 1167. What would come closest is the Blue Line 7116 which in the catalog is marked as a 11' 6" 7 weight, but on the rod is actually marked 7/8 weight. I use the Loop Adapted line designed for it on mine. It also casts a 7/8WC reasonably well. I may be wrong here, but it would seem a 7/8 and a 6 would be comparing apples and oranges. Maybe the Sage 6 isn't really a true 6?

·
Registered
28 Posts
TYPO

I think wat dan meant is the 11'6 7/8.

Just a mistake...

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah...

My mistake on that one. All fixed:cool:

The old brown you say roballen is a sweet rod. Is this a more trad or euro rod. Looking for the faster rod now.

·
Jack Cook
1,668 Posts
do yourself a favor

Try the CND Expert 6-7 in addition to the rods you list. I think you will be amazed by both the performance AND the price point.

I have been casting one all summer and it is the best thing to come along in a long time!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts