Spey Pages banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't believe somebody would sell it. For me, it would be sacrilege to sell such a fine rod. This person must not realize the importance of this rod in a spey casters arsenal. I'm sure the seller needs a mental evaluation and probably a drug screen. No one will ever get my 5120 unless they pry it from my dead cold hands!!!!! It is so sweet for trout and cutthroat. I really ought to bid as it is such a killer deal and I wouldn't mind having two of these rods. It is that good. Only 12 foot spey rod I know of you don't have to jerk the trout clean out of the water to take the hook out. Strong, but soft enough to play a trout up close. Half of retail. That is just frickin' crazy. I don't mean to harp, but it just really bothers me someone sell it. I worked hard for mine and now it is a treasure I hope to pass on to my children.

Matt Burke

·
Banned
161 Posts
CND 13' Expert 6/7 or S2H106 5/6

Perhaps they are selling the 5120 to purchase a CND 13' Expert 6/7 or a Meiser 5/6 switch rod. I had a 5120 and liked it a lot, but thought I might prefer the CND for the extra length or just go with a switch that I can single hand as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I casted one of those rods that BobK is talking about at the last Spey clave on the river at Carnation. It was a 5/6. What a sweet little rod. Hi BobK. It's just an old man talking.

Jim

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've only seen one in the Spey over the last six months. Which isn't to say that they aren't being auctioned off. I was just pointing out that you would have to head shot me with a sniper round from a thousand feet to get mine. I love that rod.

Matt Burke

1 - 7 of 7 Posts