Spey Pages banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lightly used in good condition, clean handle, black aluminum reel seat. Has one scratch about 1/4" long that you can get a finger nail in with other minor surface flea bites. $250.00 obo including shipping in lower 48
PayPal or cash. Located in Seattle. Will send pics on request.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Greenie 8wt

I am looking for a used fast action 8wt to take to BC for Steelhead. I already have several 7 wt Spey rods, including my favorite Sage "Death-Star" 7126., but have been told that a 7 wt might be a little under gunned for the "hot" Dean River Steelies?---if anyone out there in the "peanut gallery" could give me some feedback about the the action "Greenie Lille" I would appreciate it.---What is the difference between the greenie and brown version?-----if this rod casts similar to my 7126 TCX, I would appreciate some pictures
Thanks,
Bill

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
If not already spoken for, it's mine.

I'll send you a PM. Hate PP, I pay cash as many here already know.

Well a couple of times fellow had to do a PP 'Invoice' so I could pay by CC for fast exchange of funds.

Fred

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
I have JOY!

Cheque will be posted out tomorrow. Would be today, but the 'Mail Lady' comes by 45 minutes ago.

Great conversation with 'Alki; know the area very well and fished the salt with fly rods there many times.

This IS a good thing. Need to contact SGS and have him do a custom cut line for this Puppy. Trust me, he is that good.

'Old is better;' Sage, with these early designs just nailed it.

fae

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The rod has been sold to Fred who promises he will give it a good home!
Many Thanks to all who looked.
Alki

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Yes!

The rod has been sold to Fred who promises he will give it a good home!
Many Thanks to all who looked.
Alki
Already have the 'backing, the shooting line, and will be off to Steve G for a custom cut head for same. Looking across at an old Hardy 'real,' load all this on same???

This rod is 'Tradition,' and deserves the same. Me thinks, me thinks.

fae

·
Registered
194 Posts
This "Traditional" 8136 was my first BC rod. Still as good a Skagit rod as there is. Fred knows his gear. As to Bill's question, it is nothing like a TCX 7126. To me, the 8136 has soul. I sold my 7126 because I never could find a Skagit setup I liked. Went to a Z 8129 for BC work. Bill, if you want an 8 wt., I would look elsewhere. Something quicker. I love the TCX 8119 switch for BC work (Skeena system).T&T maybe. Call Poppy!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Sage Spey

Chuck,----Thanks for the feedback on my quest to find an appropriate backup rod for my upcoming BC trip.---I will get in touch with Poppy!

Thanks,

Bill

·
Anglish spoken here
561 Posts
Hello.. I would recommend the ZA 8129 as a shootinghead rod. I have three of the 8136 Traditional,use them for everything,but from time to time,I borrow one of the two ZA 8129 I built for my fishing pal,just for the sheer joy of casting a SH with it. Much lower swing weight,and a pretty much faster. Smooth tip as well. Haven´t tried a Skagit setup,though. I reach for my 8136,then.. Yours borano20

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Line shout out1

Good buy on a great rod Fred! I own an identical rod with one of Tim's reels on it.
How do you have it lined???

Old Hardy is looking back at me as I type.:saeek:

'Had' an outstanding Anderson 12-3 8wt with a Steve G line on same and a casting dream trip. Even the Village Idiot like me could hit 100+ feet. An absolutly, love him and his family. Young Fellow did a 'can I try that?' A perfect match of 'Man and Material.'

End of day, ask 'him' to break down the rod, he did and I tossed him the rod tube: "This rod deserves a caster like you."

More exchange and finally a '.... you'll get this rod in my will, or you can start fishing with same NOW; your call?'

'He' has the rod. A good thing!!!

A dream trip to sit on the beach and watch that effortless SGS line float out over the river; the most gentle of movements and the 'fluff' is, almost in slow motion, moving out.

Searching. seeking.

''To be or not to be, that is the question? Wether it be more noble in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows ..'' of the next cast?

Sat back on the beach, old yellow who was demanding another dog bisket.

Had to tell Sandy there are 'priorities,' and another muchie was not one of them.
:>)

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
I have JOY.

Pick up mail and my new leather cell phone 'pouch' from Jeff Kramer. Dead on for the old flip phone. DEAD ON!:D

Drive the next quarter mile to the house and (just back from fishing) and would usually go through the garage to unload rods/etc. Too tired after a 8 hour float (and my 10 year old Yellow Lab has to be going nuts). Rare day he's not in the back of the Jeep.

A GOOD THING!

Alki's 8136-Sage tube is propped up against the door!!!! :eek::D:eek::D:eek:

If there's a 'blem' on this rod, I can't see same. Like a NIB rod.

Time to call Steve G (SGS) AND 'Steve, need another line off your finger tips. Want to line this with a Skagit as this a 'tip tossing rod.'

Again, totally repeating myself, but with as many custom cuts as I've got, this Fellow just knows what the hells he's doing. The rod, the caster, the fishing conditions, for what?, for-for-for. And you get 'Your line for that rod.'

Fellow is truly amazing; pick up the phone and call him.

fae

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Will do Alki.

Sounds great, I'll be contacting Steve this coming week to have him do his 'Magic Finger's' thing. Will have same lined up in a Skagit configuration as it sounds like a great match for tossing a #3 sink tip.

With Steve's lines you have no idea what you'll get as each is a custom cut for the owner, the water it will be fished, type of fish, casters style, etc. You ordered up a line for this rod it would be very unusual that you'd get the same line as I.

Fred

1 - 15 of 15 Posts