Spey Pages banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Double-handed Spey Freak
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to buy a new sage rod. I tried the sage 10151-4 (blackish-green blank) with a #10 loop quatro spey and I'm quite positive that this rod will improve my skills with some practise ofcourse. The problem is that it is one of the last 10151 in the shop but I'm very curious about its replacement aswell, the Z-axis 10150. But this is only available in march 2007. I wonder if some of you guys already tried that rod out to its limit. Can anyone give me feedback on the Z-Axis?

Thanks,
Robert l.:Eyecrazy:

·
Registered
99 Posts
10150-4 Z axis

The 10150-4 ZA is a very different rod than the rod that it will replace the 10511-4 European. I did cast the 10150-4 ZA that went on tour through Scandinavia (with Rudi Heger) last october for a hour and noticed that the rod is much smoother, produces a higher line speed in combination with a deeper action. Because of its light rod weight the rod makes a complete stop when the forward or backcast stops, no vibrations which results into beautiful tight fast loops. There is very much feel in the rod, you can feel it getting loaded and you feel it unload all the way out of the grip through the tip. A great fishing tool, worth waiting for.

If you want a powerful 15' rod which will handle sinking lines and long belly spey lines try the TCR 10150-4!

·
Double-handed Spey Freak
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sage Z-Axis 10150

Thanks Ullsock for the useful information, and I'm going to wait and try the Z-Axis rod out( in march).Do you have any line recommendation? I want to use a midspey on that rod and it must handle tips (intermediate and slowsinking but floating mostly).
I tried that Sage tcr but I think it is a too heavy rod for the river I fish in(medium size). I really like the tcr 8123-4 for my summerfishing, but first I need a new 15 ft rod.

Has anyone else got any tips?:Eyecrazy:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts