Spey Pages banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
That Guy in PEI.....
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys.
Curious about the best method to bring a 12' 6" 3pc from Mass. to PEI, Canada? UPS? Regular post office? Fed Ex. Also wondering of hidden costs or customs fees with each method?
Thanks.
Salmon Chaser
aka Dwayne
><)))*>

·
That Guy in PEI.....
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thank you peter.
Very helpful. I think that will be the way to go.
I attended a cane rod gathering in Fergus a few years ago that was hosted by Ted Knott. Great event and first class people. John Valk from Grindstone Anglers was a speaker..super guy!
I got to fish the Grand for two nights and only managed a few small browns but LOVED the river! I landed my first and only Chinook from the Nottawasaga the same year.
Thanks again for the reply.
Best regards
Salmon Chaser
aka Dwayne
><)))*>

·
Registered
22 Posts
Postal/Courier Services b/t US, CAN

I sold a 16 ft. Hardy 11 wt to a dude in Pennsylvania or some Eastern state like that and he got hit with major customs costs. The sad thing was that he didn't understand that it was US customs costs and blamed me for hidden shipping costs. He must have been a bit ignorant about shipping b/t countries but still, be aware of Customs both ways. I've been absolutely soaked by PBB Global, which is a broakerage firm that collects customs fees on Canada Customs behalf. I've had much better success with US Postal Service and Canada Post trackable ground.

So much for NAFTA.

CAN'T WAIT FOR SPRING STEELHEAD FISHING. GOOD LUCK ON THE RIVERS THIS YEAR FELLA'S.

Steeliepete

1 - 3 of 3 Posts