Spey Pages banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a fly logic 14 ft 10wt fly rod. Looking for a running line and some type of shooting head. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Lip Ripper
324 Posts
For some people it depends on where you are on the learning curve. A new caster sometimes likes a running line that will be easier to grip. That makes one less thing to worry about as you are learning. Grip shooter is one example.

As you progress and start looking for a more efficient running line you will probably be looking for a mono line. I am currently using Frog Hair 40 lb and love it. But, on cold winder mornings it takes a little more thought to manage with numb fingers. I think it is worth the effort. It doesn't tangle and shoots like nothing else.

I will let someone with relevant experience provide input on heads for your rod.

Hth

·
Registered
297 Posts
+1 for Yeti. I started out with a fly line type running line, then moved to gripshooter and now I am enjoying OPST's running line.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What to buy. I've been speying for just a little while. This is a new length and I wanted input be for buying anything.
Thks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts