Spey Pages banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Weird that I was watching a muddler swap on another board...had wanted to take part but found time wanting and over committed on another swap...

I also wanted to dispense with the high-chrome Dees I had been tying...it came to mind that perhaps a Muddler Dee might be what was in order...

Odd perhaps...

Curious what you think...
CC

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I Like this fly a lot, the first thing I thought was it reminds me Harry Lamires Thomason Caddis, then I read the text about a muddler. Way to think out side the box, though I think it might not fish right with all the hackle down on the bottom, maybe a little thinner collar would help? But I like it!!!

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
I betcha that thing pushes water like nothing else eh? Nice work.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I haven't seen the light of muddlers yet, but I surely like the line of creative thought that brought this beast to light - now test it! ;-)

Søren

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I've been thinking a lot about the effects this fly will have. I'm wondering what the head will do wingse wings and hackle, my guess is they will be flailing all over the place looking tasty! Please keep us posted on how this thing fishes!

·
Banned
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys...a quick one off that I may have to revisit...lots of inspiration here.

When she goes on her maiden voyage I'll be sure to grab some underwater shots.

Though the turkey tail was not included...fundamental elements of the muddler are extant.

Thanks for the words
CC

·
Banned
1,711 Posts
how about a photo bent over the granite?

hee hee... 'how about'... only in (n.) america, hey.

nice body work.
remind me to show you my body work in novembrrr.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts