Spey Pages banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a few Ross rods for several years. Really like their single hand RX series and purchased a 7130-4 spey a few years ago. Great rod but feels a bit more like a 7/8 weight to me.

Two weeks ago I received the Reach 6126. Purchased an Airflo compact Scandi 420 gr. (soon to be legal in Oregon) from Home Waters and went for a test drive on Sunday.

In the past, with several different rods, I've been able cast 80-90 ft by muscle casting. On Sunday, by run number three, we were banging out 80-90ft casts with ease. Like easy, peasy. Wow!

Paired it with a new Battenkill IV from Poppy and suddenly I have a really well balance, lighter summer rod.

Watch out stupid fish, we're armed and ready.

·
Registered
879 Posts
GREAT Rod! U sue a 410 gr steelhead scandi on it. Just got a guideline power taper compact in I/S1/S2 at 31' and 417 grains. Love that series of rods! They are way undervalued.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Yep. Love my 6126 and my two switchers. After reading about Ross being bought by Orvis then sold to the Mayfly Group (also holds Abel) I emailed Ross about the future of the rods after seeing closeout sales from certain outdoor gear chain stores. Their reply was that a distributor was dumping their stock to closeout discounters (Sierra Trading Post) against company policy. That the rods will continue to be in the product line with full warranty coverage. Ross owners & future owners, be happy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts