Spey Pages banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a Ford Expedition and am looking for a nice roof rack long enough to hold spey rods. I see a couple at 11' to 11'4. And the Peak site says they make long vaults, but they seem to also be 11'. Anyone know of a manufacturer who makes racks long enough for a spey rod. I mean, my car is 17 feet long so this should be doable right?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yakima makes one that holds 2 spey rods. You do have to break them in half though.
maybe an 11'4" is as good as it gets then. you just have to fold the longer-than-a-switch rods in half. well, I guess it beats completely breaking them down and its safer than having them in the back of the truck.

·
Dom
3,181 Posts
That's what I have in my Wrangler. They have several options available. High quality products.

Automotive lighting Font Automotive exterior Automotive design Map

·
Registered
114 Posts
Make sure the bottom end fits over the lower grip on your spey rod. When I looked into a couple models, they didn't accommodate the lower grip. I didn't research extensively though...

·
loco alto!
3,109 Posts
Rooftop ski racks work great. Yakima has one they sell now made for fishing rods. They’re not enclosed and are not gonna prevent theft, but they’re great when fishing and hold rods very securely.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Rooftop ski racks work great. Yakima has one they sell now made for fishing rods. They’re not enclosed and are not gonna prevent theft, but they’re great when fishing and hold rods very securely.
Agreed, great for transport, but don't leave the rods unattended. Also, make sure you cover your reels to keep off the road grime, salt, mud, etc.

·
Registered
Beulah Burkheimer Meiser
1,855 Posts
Get on the list for a Big Sky. That would look pretty slick on your Expedition.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts