Spey Pages banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Speypages.

I'm based up in Portland and have only fished the upper Rogue once. I'm headed down there next week for a couple days, going to base out of Shady cove. Based on the map there seems to be many many float options between the top, at the dam, and say the town of rogue river.

Checking to see if anyone cared to offer floats you've found particularly nice to swing. Looks like its just going to be me, but bringing a full size 13.5 raft.

Cheers. Thanks.

·
fly fisher 'til it's over
1,130 Posts

·
JD
3,609 Posts
There are numerous options starting at the hatchery all the way down to the take out @ Fishers Ferry, just below the old Gold Rey dam site. Below that is nugget/hayes/tehema falls, a class IV or V series stretch of white water. Not good swing water anyway. The section between the city of Gold Hill & Rogue River is is a short boring float reminiscent of a canal.

Does your raft have a wood floor allowing for studded boots?

·
fly fisher 'til it's over
1,130 Posts
Jump in his raft and show him the way JD. You need a day on the river at this point.:wink2:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I see lots of water, trying to narrow it down.

I'll ping Alex, thanks.

The boat has drop-stitch floor, and I've put mats down for people with studs/cleets.

·
JD
3,609 Posts
Figure on wearing studs or cleats on the Rogue. When I first stated coming up here to fish, I had Chota boots that had provisions for studs included with the boots. Having heard about boat owners dislike of studs in their boats, I had never installed them. After going down for the third time in one day, I became a convert.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts