Spey Pages banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tied this one for a contest, but failed miserably on the mallard wing...anyone know where to get GOOD mallard??

Anyways, I thought i'd post it before I chop it and try again with better mallard.

It should also have horns but i omitted them in protest at the wing.

Eunan

·
Registered
359 Posts
Eunan, I like it.... what did you use for the dubbing. I've seen the recipe but never understood quite what color the dubbing should be?
For the mallard, I've enlisted a couple of buddies who duckhunt to save their big bull mallards. Just picked up a couple of dandies yesterday for plucking.
John

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Reminds me a bit of a Halfback nymph ( god forbid ) Eunan, you are awfully critical of your flies. This has fish catcher written all over it. Maybe not a beauty pageant winner, but catcher for sure.

·
Undertaker
1,326 Posts
Fish it!

So what if it isn't suitable for framing. Hooking and catching fish is what its all about - leave it to the fish to critique. I'm guessin they'll like it just fine. BTW - I believe the tail is a tad long as well. Again, I doubt the fish would care.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Very nice I personally prefer this look. 1 would think it was tied 100 years ago

Rocky

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
have you tried getting some mallard from Aaron? my last order the "large" was a tad smaller than usual but every time I have ordered BM from him the quality is only second to freshly shot birds.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts