Spey Pages banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My goal is to have a box of all Rogan patterns to fish. This one gave me a bit of trouble so I redid the wing after the first attempt. No horns because I’m all out. Looking at the pattern itself it looks more like a buggy spring time pattern to my eyes when the water has warmed significantly from our cold winter flows.
Pollinator Arthropod Insect Moths and butterflies Organism

Plant Wood Insect Arthropod Twig

Botany Eyelash Organism Font Twig

Insect Pollinator Arthropod Finger Wood

·
Registered
708 Posts
dyn-o-mite !
still waiting on my malone book .
the 27th fast approaches buddy !!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Lovely tying! Sparse but still great volume, just like it should be dressed. Very Roganish.
If i may give a small advice, you could tie in Jay hackle after underwing (like illustrated in Taverner, and the same way Ernest Crossfield did). This would apply to most of Rogans mixed wings.
-Bodyhackle
-Underwing (In this fly: GP breast, tippet, gallina)
-Shoulder hackle
-Overwing

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lovely tying! Sparse but still great volume, just like it should be dressed. Very Roganish.
If i may give a small advice, you could tie in Jay hackle after underwing (like illustrated in Taverner, and the same way Ernest Crossfield did). This would apply to most of Rogans mixed wings.
-Bodyhackle
-Underwing (In this fly: GP breast, tippet, gallina)
-Shoulder hackle
-Overwing
Absolutely! Many thanks, I wasn’t aware that’s how they should be tied!

·
Registered
104 Posts
The thought of having a box devoted solely to Rogan patterns is exciting. It would be quite an undertaking but you're up to the task for sure

Dave

1 - 12 of 12 Posts