Spey Pages banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First off,
I have 5 smaller rods that all take the same line...time to move some

CND bv/gt 13'2 sweet stick that i sent to burkheimer and had the cork upgraded..i call it my CNDheimer...haven't fished it this year or last...fished it a few times in 2018....I had health issues last year and never took it out...$500

Burkheimer 7139 vintage model with custom touches...2 tips..This rod bombs line..I got this right before i had to go to Houston last year...and then only used it once this year...took it out mostly to try lines....A great rod but it's this or my 7125-3 and i've had that rod 3-4 years and don't want to sell it...$750 (rod tentatively on hold)

CND bv/gt 16 ' built by Chris at Burkheimer...another big water stick and not fished but 1 day on CW.....I have 3 15's now and barely use them and it needs a home..
$700....

I may add more later as i keep telling talking myself in and out of some other rods

( CND 13'2 is on left in pics...top right on ice is the 7139..bottom right is CND 16)

Attachments

·
Registered
145 Posts
Is there any other model name other than BV GT? I thought that was just part of the technology, for example I had a North Fork BV/ GT.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there any other model name other than BV GT? I thought that was just part of the technology, for example I had a North Fork BV/ GT.
yes i think its the same....this one is the 13'2 it's an awesome summer rod...i use the 13'7 or 14'2 for winter work and heavier tips (though both throw a great dry line)
The NF i use with lighter tips or dry line..

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
maybe a little story with this...the 2 rods i am keeping are a 7125-3 burkie (as grain window is large enough to also run other heads and it does so much...haven't used it in awhile but a keeper)
second rod is a 1206-6 T&T....this rod is like the homely girl who's great in bed...god i have fun fishing it even if it's not fancy and doesn't cast as far...

the starting me on this is a 6128-4 burkie i just got but for some reason so far is infuriating me as the lines i read and/or asked others with the rod have so far very underwhelmed me....the line that all these rods seem to love has so far cast pretty decent on it....it's brand new toy time with this rod but im sorely tempted to pass on it possibly...
(see not a 3 piece)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts