Spey Pages banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
I sold my Sage One 7116 to a forum member and regretted it the second I packaged it up. Fortunately, the buyer used it once and posted it back on classifieds for the amount I sold it to him for so I bought it right back. I continue to use & love that rod. Never selling it again.

Some others I regret selling but never had the chance to buy back:

Sage 9140-3
Sage 8136-4 IIIe (tiger eye)
Sage 6119-4 TCX

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
A 13' 8/9 Riverwatch. I didn't exactly sell it but I loaned it to my father. To this day he stoutly refuses to return it to me. I figure he did enough for us while we were growing up so Ill just write it off as payment in kind....I miss that rod.
I’ve done that for my dad. I figure it will be back some day and it will mean even more when it does.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
A 13' 8/9 Riverwatch. I didn't exactly sell it but I loaned it to my father. To this day he stoutly refuses to return it to me. I figure he did enough for us while we were growing up so Ill just write it off as payment in kind....I miss that rod.
That's really funny.

My dad didn't fish, but he had two pipe wrenches that were his dad's. One day he made kind of a big deal about giving them to me, wanting me to know my grandpa had used them in the shipyards, etc. And then fessed up he'd never used them anyway.

About six months later he tore into me about how he'd lent them to me and I'd never returned them. It wasn't til later I realized it was probably side effects for his Parkinson's, but at the time I laughed myself silly. He'd done enough other good stuff.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Over never sold a rod but I almost did sell my Snowbee Torridge before realizing it could never be replaced. Only rod I would consider selling is my 13' 8/9 Snowbee Diamond, no waters big enough for it here

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

·
62 Posts
My first 2-hander - Loop Yellow 8124. Maybe because it was my first but it was a fun, sloooow rod. Been away from fishing and Alaska for awhile and am now building up a well-rounded set of SH'ers and DH'ers.

·
Fly Angler
9 Posts
I sold my Sage One 7116 to a forum member and regretted it the second I packaged it up. Fortunately, the buyer used it once and posted it back on classifieds for the amount I sold it to him for so I bought it right back. I continue to use & love that rod. Never selling it again.

Some others I regret selling but never had the chance to buy back:

Sage 9140-3
Sage 8136-4 IIIe (tiger eye)
Sage 6119-4 TCX
This is why I have a personal policy of never selling rods.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts