Spey Pages banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, it's never as much fun selling rods as it is buying rods, but I'm feeling compelled, as a new Dad, to exercise the notion of proportionality in my life.

First- I'm letting the single-handers go. This is pretty weird for me, as I was a die-hard trout fisherman for the last decade of the previous millennium. That said, I really haven't fished these rods in the last 3-4yrs. They need good homes. I'll figure out asking prices and entertain offers in the meantime.

T&T Beatis XL 7'6" 3wt 2-piece $175

Scott G-Series 6'10" 3wt 3-piece (Never cast- has issue with reel seat, please pm) $225

Sage 9' 5wt SP 3-piece -Dirty cork, some scuffs on blank $250

Scott G-Series 9'6" 7wt 4-piece - Very nice $250

Next- Spey rods- I hate selling these, but I feel like 4-5 rods is the maximum # I can justify owning, so I need to cull a few...

Sage 9140-4 "Brownie" I'm the original owner. The rod is beautiful. It's been back to Sage once. Awesome winter stick. Slightly more rod than I want to push around. Tube & Sock. $300

Sage 6126 Z-Axis- I've listed this before, as it's too close a match for my Meiz and Dredgers, but I was evidently asking too much. This is a perfect do-anything summer-weight spey rod. I haven't begun to tap it's potential. All factory accoutrements included. $450

I hope this doesn't offend anyone, but local transactions will be considered first. Call me sentimental, but I like the idea of potentially seeing these things toss line.

Trevor Hart

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for all the replies & PM's. Obviously, most of them were asking about prices. I need a bit of time to sit down and see what similar rods have been going for. I'll get back to everyone asap.

I'm going to withdraw the Loop for the time being. I was whining about parting with so many and my wife suggested that maybe I was going overboard. I'm going to make some time to fish it before I do anything crazy...

I am also open to a trade for a 9'6"-10' single-handed 6wt with a full wells grip and fighting butt, preferably something nice, but not too fast.

Thanks,

Trevor

1 - 3 of 3 Posts