Spey Pages banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my favorite spey rod ever, broke off a couple inches off the male ferule of the third rod section where it slips into the female ferrule of the tip section while, cranking back on a salmon strike.

And due to the now difference in taper, the remaining section (clean break, no doubt because I knuckle headed the assembly in haste after seeing some salmon working my favorite pool) ) won't slip into the tip ferrule.

So is their a magic rod guru out there who knows how to fix something like this? It's a Guideline, so little point in trying to go through them for repairs, they don't even have a US rep anymore.

anyone?

· ''Speydo-masochist''
1,264 Posts
Which Guideline rod is it?

I believe the Reaction series were US Made so if it one of those the answer may lie a little closer to home.

If it's one of the other, far eastern made, series then contact Guideline in Scandinavia, they may well be able to help.

Regards, Tyke.

· Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
12'6 9/10 Le Cie, awesome salmon rod
Already sent an email to Guideline. Between shipping back and forth, repair costs, time to repair, was hoping a more local solution. I'm in Oregon, and not hooked up with any rod builders..

· Registered
766 Posts
Steve Godshall, Master Builder in Central Point OR would be worth a call, he could tell you if it can be repaired. 541 840-2594

Good Luck,
sixheads

· Registered
5,599 Posts
12'6 9/10 Le Cie, awesome salmon rod
Already sent an email to Guideline. Between shipping back and forth, repair costs, time to repair, was hoping a more local solution. I'm in Oregon, and not hooked up with any rod builders..
surfnfish - you are in Oregon and hours from more than a few rod builders. Meiser rods for one - one his tapers is identical and actually interchangeable with one with one of my Sage rods. I wouldn't be surprised if he where able to match some thing for you and get you up and running again.

Maybe with looking into...

· Registered
11,025 Posts
Major THUMBS UP with the Steve call.

Steve Godshall, Master Builder in Central Point OR would be worth a call, he could tell you if it can be repaired. 541 840-2594

Good Luck,
sixheads
I don't even ask Steve 'What will it cost' as I don't care. New rod/line coming to me in a few days. Didn't bother with this colour wrap, yada-yada ... I just want that 4wt 2hander! In hand.

Never disappointed. Ya-Ya, I sound like a 'fan club,' but he has 'Magic Fingers' be it a line or a rod.

fae

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.