Spey Pages banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my favorite spey rod ever, broke off a couple inches off the male ferule of the third rod section where it slips into the female ferrule of the tip section while, cranking back on a salmon strike.

And due to the now difference in taper, the remaining section (clean break, no doubt because I knuckle headed the assembly in haste after seeing some salmon working my favorite pool) ) won't slip into the tip ferrule.

So is their a magic rod guru out there who knows how to fix something like this? It's a Guideline, so little point in trying to go through them for repairs, they don't even have a US rep anymore.

anyone?

·
''Speydo-masochist''
1,265 Posts
Which Guideline rod is it?

I believe the Reaction series were US Made so if it one of those the answer may lie a little closer to home.

If it's one of the other, far eastern made, series then contact Guideline in Scandinavia, they may well be able to help.

Regards, Tyke.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
12'6 9/10 Le Cie, awesome salmon rod
Already sent an email to Guideline. Between shipping back and forth, repair costs, time to repair, was hoping a more local solution. I'm in Oregon, and not hooked up with any rod builders..

·
Registered
766 Posts
Steve Godshall, Master Builder in Central Point OR would be worth a call, he could tell you if it can be repaired. 541 840-2594

Good Luck,
sixheads

·
Registered
5,093 Posts
12'6 9/10 Le Cie, awesome salmon rod
Already sent an email to Guideline. Between shipping back and forth, repair costs, time to repair, was hoping a more local solution. I'm in Oregon, and not hooked up with any rod builders..
surfnfish - you are in Oregon and hours from more than a few rod builders. Meiser rods for one - one his tapers is identical and actually interchangeable with one with one of my Sage rods. I wouldn't be surprised if he where able to match some thing for you and get you up and running again.

Maybe with looking into...

·
Registered
330 Posts
Rod

There was a member on here that had some access to Guideline. His name was Buddy Wright. Look him up and send a message.

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Major THUMBS UP with the Steve call.

Steve Godshall, Master Builder in Central Point OR would be worth a call, he could tell you if it can be repaired. 541 840-2594

Good Luck,
sixheads
I don't even ask Steve 'What will it cost' as I don't care. New rod/line coming to me in a few days. Didn't bother with this colour wrap, yada-yada ... I just want that 4wt 2hander! In hand.

Never disappointed. Ya-Ya, I sound like a 'fan club,' but he has 'Magic Fingers' be it a line or a rod.

fae

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks, folks, some really helpful suggestions to follow up on.

Meanwhile, my backup rod is gonna have be at bat for the next few weeks. It's magic time, the coastal Kings are biting the flies.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts