Spey Pages banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as the season ended this last April I broke a snake guide on my Loop Yellow. I need to get it repaired. Need it cut off and get a new snake guide wrapped on. Anyone know anyone in the Seattle area that does rod repair and does good work?

JJ

·
#&%*@^# Caster
3,058 Posts
Easy...send it to meiser.

Or it is very easy to do it yourself. If you can tie flies (Duggan says that is debateable) you can wrap a snake guide. Just use a razor to carefully remove any wraps or epoxy left on the blank and then make a jig out of a cardboard box and use a phone book for line tension to rewrap it.

Or there is that shop in Monroe that does do rod building classes and they could probably do this for you as well. Worth a call. The name escapes me at the moment...

-sean

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Contact

Aaron at River Run Angler, as he will know who could do it. Bob Meiser does beatiful work, but you might get it quicker locally.

·
Perfecting the bad cast
206 Posts
sean said:
Easy...send it to meiser.
-sean
Yep and don't wait! Bob's backlog will grow quickly over the next few weeks. Get it to him now and you will get it back in plenty of time for the Fall season.

·
Registered
203 Posts
All About the Fly

in Monroe. There's also a guy that Teds Sporting Goods in Lynnwood uses that did really nice work re-wrapping some guides a year or so ago.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
JJ,

I would be surprised if any ofthe major shops didn't have a custom rod guy in their books. I know that all the Vancouver shops have guys who look after this kind of work. Do you know any fly shop employees or even a manager? :roll:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts