Spey Pages banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I intend to fish well into October and early November...but this is the weekend I clean my Saltwater rods... first I wash them in luke warm water with a mild dish detergent.... then lay them on my deck table to dry... then I use 303 protectant... a little packet with sponge and wipe them down...let dry and wipe off excess... this stuff works well as well on the scratches on the male ferrell end.... I clean the rod seats as well... all my rods still look like new with no rust at the guide areas... I always wash down my stuff after I fish anyway..pack em up and back to home in Boston.

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good Point... but this is for storage...however, I did fish my 11 wt. this morning after the application and the 4 piece Sage Xi2 was fine....I do check my ferrels anyway every once in a while anyway...since I know this is the fastest way for a rod to break...that is... as the ferrel separate...a cast can break the rod at that point. So I am very conscious of this.....P.S.... If you put some wax... which I have also done it's fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts