Spey Pages banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Single Spey BC
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Reduced Price! Riverfront Home For Sale Campbell River BC

Rare and amazing riverfront location set in a beautiful and private setting with breathtaking unobstructed river view. Fisherman’s paradise upstream from Roderick Haig-Brown's heritage home. Very solid, newly renovated contemporary home. 2 bedrooms on main floor plus den with original oak hardwood floors and wood burning fireplace. Full walkout basement has a self-contained legal one bedroom suite with a gas burning fireplace perfect for B&B or Vacation Rental. Large expansive windows capture the amazing river and nature at your back door. Come experience the lifestyle of one of Campbell River’s prime properties on the amazing banks of the Campbell River made famous by Roderick Haig-Brown. Must be seen to be appreciated.http://comoxvalley.en.craigslist.ca/reo/4518099622.html
$838,900
Email: [email protected] for pictures

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
As this is your first, and only, post ...

Is it safe to assume your the Listing Agent?
:roll:

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
I may have made a 'mistake.'

Reported this post to 'Management' early this AM as 'spam,' but given the following postings this thread is going to be fun to follow. Keep 'um coming!

Fred

·
Registered
80 Posts
Want to swap as a 2 week vacation home in the English Cotswolds?:)

4 Bedroom farmhouse with amazing views over the rolling Cotswold hills, just 6 miles from the Roman city of Bath and 1.25hrs from London:)

No spam, would be interested!

Paul

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
My brother-in-law has a filling station/auto repair/bulk oil business in Winger, Minnesota, Population 200: Hey, it's smack-dab in the middle of western Minnesota fertile farm country. You can cover the Sand Hill River (width, approx. 20 ft) from bank to bank with no problem.

I'm pretty sure he'll swap you guys for either one of those properties.

moe

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
I think a few of us on SpeyPages should go in on this together- and we can scheme from there. I'm good for the first $100.00.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Guys.

This is not a realtor, this is the home owner. His name is Ken, a fisherman and guide in CR. I suspect that he has posted here in an attempt to let other anglers who might be interested that one of the very few properties grandfathered in on the banks of the Campbell is up for grabs.... I mean summers, winters, salmon and trout in your backyard.... Thats not bad. I dont think this is spam at all. I understand the scepitcisim as this is clearly post #1.

Anyways, just letting you all know. I am sure he would be stoked to see his home go to another fisherman.

Cheers.
James

SLSS.... You can put me down for a grand.

·
Single Spey BC
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Riverfront Home on Campbell River!

Yes, thanks James... I'm new to these pages and overwhelmed with the many responses:) the property is the home of Single Spey Flyfishing Adv... bcflyguide.com It would be great for another steelhead bum to consider this place as it is a rare opportunity! It's a great location for guiding anglers around the north Vancouver Island area too, close to many incredible watersheds...

·
Internet Scientist
1,302 Posts
I'll go $200. So that means I get to use it twice as often as you guys?

·
Registered
930 Posts
I don't know Ken, but I see this house every day...it is what he says it is. It's right on some of the best fishing water on the Campbell and, quite literally, steps away from Haig-Brown's house.

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Perhaps this is the issue and why all the 'ribbing.' Me to, I started this.

Yes, thanks James... I'm new to these pages and overwhelmed with the many responses:) the property is the home of Single Spey Flyfishing Adv... bcflyguide.com It would be great for another steelhead bum to consider this place as it is a rare opportunity! It's a great location for guiding anglers around the north Vancouver Island area too, close to many incredible watersheds...
Pretty hard to take a 'Post 1' seriously when someone's asking you to hand over close to One Million (US or Canadian Dollars makes little difference at this point) to a total board 'stranger.'

For context I was in the Real Estate (mortgage lending) for well over 35 years so giving you my thoughts here may well be inappropriate so I'll send you a PM.

Fred

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
I'll go $200. So that means I get to use it twice as often as you guys?
I'm not going to be outdone on my own idea, so I'll go $200.00 too. Plus my 5% credit for being the idea man.

C'mon Fred- quit worrying about spam, and use your banker's background to make this happen!

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Listen up Folks, time to 'back off.'

Sent our new fellow a long/involved PM on how to handle the sale of a unique property of this nature. I may have been in the 'Lending End' but the Bank's I worked for were 'Lender's of Choice' when it came to this type of property. Add Church's to that list .... only wrong once there. Building, last I saw, is now a SFR.

You 'understood' it ... or you didn't. Executive Loan Committee just rolled there eyes when I dropped one page in front of them. "Mr. Evans, where's the rest of the documentation?"

"You don't need to know, I've read it, seen the property, talked to the Principals and I'm satisfied.'

Edit: Went from a 'Loan Officer' to a full VP in about 6 months.

Fred

1 - 20 of 55 Posts