Spey Pages banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this new body has been formed with help of lottery grant to give anglers and persons whose living depends on health of spey a say in an organisation that can then have some input and influence on the management bodies of the river. anyone who loves the river can join for nominal fee. a great step forward!

·
Registered
886 Posts
The link is,
http://www.riverspeyanglers.org.uk/

I hope it will be a success but I am not convinced that another talking shop is needed.
My personal idea would be total catch & release, like the Dee, the spey rules are abused by certain beats.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
riverspeyanglersassociation

thanks for website address, i wasn't sure if that was allowed! don't you think a new body representing 'consumers' and dedicated to help in any way it can must be very good news. at least we have a body unburdened by baggage from the past. the existing organisations are to some extent burdened by the fact that the decline happenned 'on their watch' to say the least.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Paul
To be brutally honest no, the consumers consumme then move on to consumme elsewhere.
The consummer carrying the dead spring salmon on Monday, spinning rod in other hand, where did his interests lie.
Riperean owners find it less easy to walk away.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
willie gunn, point taken. however since you mention spinning, i was looking at wester elchies website sholtz & co, and noted that at the bottom for ? decoration they show a creel and a rigged spinning rod. do you still spin on wester elchies?

·
Registered
886 Posts
Paul, Spinning, personally I would rather loose a limb, but the rules allow spinning up to 1st April and in high water I'm unsure of the details.
Left to me I would have 2 rules for the Spey or Scotland for that matter.
1. C&R
2 Fly only.

Dropn me a PM with the link google shows nothing for --wester elchies website sholtz & co--

1 - 6 of 6 Posts