Spey Pages banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold a line to someone :tsk_tsk: on this board and thier check bounced. It has been months, even though they respond to my emails that 'the check is in the mail,' they have basically stole the line. What is the policy of the board regarding calling people out (so others don't get ripped off)?

·
That Guy in PEI.....
1,945 Posts
Put it in the hands of the spey police. See what Dana and the lads think and if it's cool with them then post the name of the individual as their is no room for this here:tsk_tsk:
Salmon Chaser

C

·
0 Posts
Get a rope

Out them. No tolerance. Bad mojo.

Ken Campbell
Bigfork, Montana

·
Registered
190 Posts
As a mental health professional, verbage can be quite important. 'Calling someone out' is really a phrase for wanting to fist fight someone, you know hit 'em with a haymaker. While it blows that this person seemingly stole the lines, it probably does not rise to the level of fighting. Here in western wyoming, where check writing is a way of life, merchants simply post the bad checks for all to see and their rep is tarnished. In many ways the speypages is not that different of a community where I live. Sorry about your lines and karma is a very powerful thing. Good Luck

·
Relapsed Speyaholic
5,358 Posts
Please don't call anyone out as the last thing I want is a pissing match between members. Send a PM or e-mail to the staff here (Dana, Sean, Kush and sinktip) and let us see what we can come up with. If there is calling out to do, let us handle it. Names, dates, history would be helpful.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Amen, Name um so the rest of us don't ripped off by the same individual (s) Guy bounces a check for a line on you? I mean...WTF? How lame is that? We're talking a line here guys...Did it break his bank account??? I don't want to get ripped off because someone else is worried about hurting a thiefs feelings....

·
Registered
316 Posts
Please don't call anyone out as the last thing I want is a pissing match between members. Send a PM or e-mail to the staff here (Dana, Sean, Kush and sinktip) and let us see what we can come up with. If there is calling out to do, let us handle it. Names, dates, history would be helpful.

Agree.

Then if there is no resolution name names and take no prisoners.

Ian

·
Registered
172 Posts
let this be a lesson to all of you wait for the cheque to clear before sending the goods.

goodluck hopefully the buyer will do the right thing

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Holy crap Ralf....I just read for the past 2 hrs about that idiot.

I would hope anyone who has read any of the Wentzel post would think twice about ripping anyone.

What a scream reading some of it.

Pay the man for his line........or pay the consequences......read the link

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Let Dana

and the moderators try. If that does not work, there are legal steps, as knowingly passing a bad check is against the law. Banning from the Board and some publicity would also be appropriate.:mad:

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Ted and I appear to be in the minority here.

and the moderators try. If that does not work, there are legal steps, as knowingly passing a bad check is against the law. Banning from the Board and some publicity would also be appropriate.:mad:
But another 'vote' for let the Mod's do their 'job.' An internal shxt slinging match the Forum doesn't need. Either the poster gets a bank issued cheque or 'Money Order' (either can only be good) in 10'ish days .... or then, perhaps, the fun and games can begin.:roll:

Just a thought.

Fred

·
Registered
630 Posts
Give the management a chance.

No Fred, I suspect the majority is silent, as they often are.
Out of respect to this forum, I think it's appropriate to give the managers a chance to exert their influence. If all avenues are really exhausted, then you'll have their support and possibly their actions as well. It never hurts to have allies.

In chess a hasty check is seldom as potent as a developed one with supporting pieces.

Carl

C

·
0 Posts
But....

Guys,
I need to chime in here. I've been a member only a short time. In that time I've made REAL friends and engaged in literally dozens of transactions. Friendships are precious and transactions have all been really positive. We have at Dana's prodding created a safe, pleasant environment to pursue our habits and passions. And lets be realistic it's a bit esoteric on the whole. That all said I am not willing to let the unethical actions of others damage what I have come to see as an important part of my life, any more than I would allow someone to rip off or hurt any member of my family. To permit something is to promote it and if the trading here is damaged as a result of the MEMBERSHIP not acting that will be a terrible loss. I have a level of trust built up here that I think others have as well. This should be protected.

My two cents
Ken Campbell
Bigfork, MT

·
Registered
235 Posts
This is all assuming that the offending party cares about being part of the speypages community.. Let's hope that is the case, but if he's just a lurker that surfaced to rip someone off - there may not be much that can be done, aside from normal legal action. Banning or public shaming would be useless against someone who doesn't post.

For this reason I try to keep my classifieds interactions between myself and other active (at least moderately active) posters. That's not to say this could never happen to me but I think it makes it a good deal safer.

I wish you the best in getting your money back, and I hope the moderators can help. Sorry to hear about stuff like this..

Eric

1 - 20 of 74 Posts