Spey Pages banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With this longer bellied line, should the color change (running line/head) be between my forefinger and index or just inside the guides?

I know for the Grand Spey they say to hold it @ your forefinger but I'm not sure with the Mid-spey...
Thanks

·
Relapsed Speyaholic
5,533 Posts
It should be what is comfortable for you. The line will certainly cast fine with the color change at or slightly past the rod tip. If you don't like the feel though, you can certainly pull as much inside the tip as needed.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great, thanks for the input. I started out with the Windcutter and I thought I should try the mid-spey out for size...It looks as thought I'll need to adjust the lengths of my back and forward strokes quite a bit to adjust to the longer head...I feel like a beginner again!

I had a chance to try out the skagit head this weekend and I couldn't believe how easy it was to launch some of my weighted flies! The only thing, I was finding myself stripping in a heck of alot of running line...

On the upside, I'm now armed with the Skagit, Windcutter and Mid-spey lines... Watch out fish! I think Rio should send me a sticker or something don't you think? Perhaps some stock options too?

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Nah!!!

Just some sample lines to test.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts