Spey Pages banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Dom
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How does this line compare to lets say Rage or Ambush? I love the fact of it being integrated but im not sure how the thicker handling line affects spey casting and shooting. I would assume it would work nicely using polyleaders on smaller waters. I do enjoy skagit casting and looking for a line that will be more skinny water friendly than all out skagit line. Chucker seems promising light tip skandit at 25' and 420gr for my Scott 11'9" 6 weight. Thoughts? Experiances?

· Registered
363 Posts
Can't offer an opinion based on experience. I have the same questions as yours and nearly pulled the trigger on a Switch Chucker yesterday. S.A. are just introducing a new line called the "Adapt" which has a 22' head and is also an integrated line. I ordered a 280 grain and a 400 grain. Still thinking about the Switch Chucker though ...... Will follow this thread - hopefully someone with experience on this line will respond. Wondering about overhead casting too?

· Registered
113 Posts
If you aren't married to the fact that the Chucker is integrated, I'd look at the Scandi Body head. It's a pretty good cross breed between a true Skagit and a Scandi.

The Switch Chucker was largely designed for mixing between indicator fishing and swinging. The thicker running line is going to shorten your casts and catch a lot of current when you're swinging longer casts. If you have no reason to go for the indicator fishing benefits I think that the Scandi Body might be up your alley.

· Dom
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SA adapt sounds awesome for polyleader light skagit. I like the idea of textured pick up section. Fly lines these days can even talk...

· Registered
1,780 Posts
I have been using one for half a year or more on my switch rod..casts like a hot damn on my BW switch...throws big ugly flies and heavy tips which is what i wanted for that rod....I don't think it's a scandi as much as a skagit...

I have not fished a skagit in a long time...my shortest line being a 45' head...I've recently been playing around with lines for my 12'4 powerlite and the 45' is pretty amazing but doesn't do as well with heavier tips and big flies....I put a 9wt chucker on it today and was quite impressed...overall between 35-40' head depending on what length tip...and like a skagit seems to throw whatever weight tip and fly i'd ever want to use...

To be honest I was quite impressed by the line....I have the nextcast for most of what I want to do..but when it gets cold and I'm up against it..this line has really impressed me....I also like the color and while the integrated line is a bit thick.. that's another plus for cold weather as the mono slips and miracle braid freezes...

I like it...I kind of feel like i'm cheating almost...but if you want poly leaders and dinky flies the scandi or fall favorite etc is a better choice IMHO.

as a p.s. it's also really good as a beach line for two hand overhead and regular spey casting..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.