Spey Pages banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else out there find that Rio can improve there running line?? This becomes more apparent when using shorter head lines where u need to shoot line....
Most of people i know have been cutting ther running line off and putting other running lines on.

I have cut off all the running lines of my rio lines..and now using other running lines like Airflo running lines and find it much better.

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Interesting thread. Having several RIO lines (Jim retired early due to my 'financial support') and now using a Vision ACE shooting head with a RIO .030 running line behind it ... I'd have to agree there is quite a difference.

Hadn't thought about cutting off the back end of a full RIO and turning the 'front end' into a 'shooting head.' Hummmmm????:lildevl:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Rio's slick shooter could also improve

Ihave been fishing a skagit line and replaced the running line with rio slick shooter. It is a twisty tangled nightmare. I have been fishing alot of Miracle Braid by Airflo and I think it is more than good enough to justify it's higher price. The airflo is not as prone to tangle and it is easier to hold in cold fingers during the cast.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts