Spey Pages banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I need some help choosing a line weight for the RIO Power Spey. I have a sage 7141-4.

Last night I had the opportunity to toss this line on the 6126-4 and it was super sweet.

I am caught between the 7/8 and the 8/9. I need help ASAP, the bite is on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

·
Junkyard Spey
7,112 Posts
I am caught between the 7/8 and the 8/9. I need help ASAP, the bite is on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I happen to like the 7/8 on that rod. I certainly wouldn't let someone pick a line for you because none of us know anything about your stature, casting style, or casting ability. One man's dream line is another man's garbage.

The bite might be on, but the only sure way to see which of these PowerSpeys is best suited to you is to get a demo line in each size and cast them both.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I happen to like the 7/8 on that rod. I certainly wouldn't let someone pick a line for you because none of us know anything about your stature, casting style, or casting ability. One man's dream line is another man's garbage.

I recently had a go with the Powerspey on a Burkie 7143-4, you may want to read the post on the "Tackle" section. Make sure you demo lines before you buy as I was not impressed with the 6/7 PS. It stood up and wedged like nobody's business. JMHO.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts