Spey Pages banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Thanks, can't beleive I am going to get first shot at these before Fred, oh heck he just bought 3 of the new XLTs, he could not possibly need another spey line, but then again he just might.

·
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic
1,771 Posts
Just wanted to remind you that when you directly promote a non-sponsor on the Forum and Spey Clave, we ask that you contact them via email, phone or in person to ask them to consider sponsoring us with a banner ad.

I love Bob Marriotts, spent much time in their shop on Orangethorpe in Fullerton while working in the L.A. area.

Oops I guess I will be contacting them too! Between the bunch of us maybe they will help us out. :)

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Juro, my oversight.

I hadn't thought of that. I'm in Michigan, and just thought to share what looked to be a great deal. I'll contact them. Thanks for the idea.
Carl

·
Registered
31 Posts
Line sale

Hi juro,
I'm not much of a saleman, but I did make it a point, when I ordered the line to let 'em know where I heard about the sale. I think some of the better companies monitor these boards, & they ought to.
Good drifts,
Gene

·
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic
1,771 Posts
Thanks and no problem, don't consider it an oversight just a win-win method of getting our favorite flyshops into the focus of our discussions while working toward covering costs like the flyfishing show booths we will have in Seattle and Boston this winter, more bandwidth for more images, etc.

I think we have a lot to offer to our sponsors, and they have a lot to offer for us. Thanks for letting them know!

Juro

·
124 Posts
Heck, After the post here, the lines went fast and they sold out of several very quick. I got the midspey, but the windcutter was sold out. I wonder if they even realize what a great advertisement this was.

-Doug

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks for the tip. I ordered one of the WC's and let them know where / how I found out about the sale in a separate e-mail. Hopefully, we get a new sponsor someday.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Yes, maybe. I missed out on this got busy at work last week:mad:

·
Registered
459 Posts
Knew I could not make it, had to move my son to college that weekend. Otherwise I may have made it up for that. Sure could use some expert instruction on the spey. I am becoming effective with it, but who knows how much better I could be with instruction.

Found that out this year with my golf game.:chuckle: :chuckle:

·
Indicators Anonymous
846 Posts
mjyp said:
Makes you wonder why they are selling them off eh?

Perhaps a super new and improved line is soon to come.
All Rio Spey lines will be two-toned...the belly/taper will be one color (yellow I do believe) and the running line will be buckskin (not my favorite color in the world but oh well).

Also the Accelerator will go by the wayside to make room for the Grande Spey. Watch out XLT!!! :hehe:

·
Registered
459 Posts
When are the new rio lines coming out ?

I am interested in multi tip system.

Thanks in advance

PM

1 - 13 of 13 Posts