Spey Pages banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
chrome-magnon man
5,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, if it's a reward that's needed to get that box back, will this do?:

I'll trade a Fly Logic Dec Hogan 1307/4 Spey rod (retail value $595 USD) and an Airflo Delta Spey 7/8 (retail value $65.95 USD) plus 3 hours worth of private casting lessons ($150 CDN) with anyone who will return that box to me in one piece with all of the flies intact (I will in turn pass it along to Ryan who will see that it arrives safely home) . The 1307 is a great summer steelhead/light salmon spey rod, and I know fellows who also use it in the winter for Vedder-sized steelhead ( I understand that this is a rod that Ed Ward is quite fond of).

If you have it or can get your hands on it, email me at [email protected] and we'll make the trade.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
This doesn't set right...

It just doesn't seem right to me. It is one thing if you don't know who owns a found object, but if you know who's it is it would be pretty cheesie to not offer it up. Dana, it is a real testament to your personality that you would make such an offer, but I think that it should not be necessary!

In all fairness, the finder may not yet have an idea of who owns it, I will be there this coming weekend and will be happy to post a message and/or collect the flybox. Dean may recognize me - I'm the 6'2" - 260lb guy with the Loop hat.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks for your Efforts

Hey guys, I think it's sad that this guy will not consider returning my box. I will reimburse or pay for any rewards to this guy, it's not about money its about values. If anyone talks to this guy please explain that I will take care of him, but if this comes down to extortion, I don't think anyone but myself should play this game. Dana I will reimburse you or anyone for there help. You dont now how impressed I am that you guys would help. If you come down to the waters that I fish, I would like to share some angling opportunities with everyone that helps. The owners of the Acacia grove know that I am missing this box. And if anyone has the number of the bar in town I would greatly appreciate it. This box that was found if needed i will give a very indepth description of the box.
Thanks and Tight Lines
Dennis Worley

·
Registered
427 Posts
Dennis,

I feel your pain. Eight years ago I lost a box that contained "special" flies, Including flies tied by the person who taught me how to tie flies, The O'Caddis I caught my first steelhead on, and others that had and have special meanings. Best of luck in having your box returned.

andre

Log Cabin Pub
Chucker Cres, Spences Bridge, BC V0K2L0
(250) 458-2215

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks for info

Thanks Andre for the info, I called the Log cabin pub and they have my number and said they will help in any way they can. John has a description of the box and will let me know if my box is found. All the help is greatly appreciated and I know this a real long shot at getting this box, but I will keep crossing my fingers. Tight Lines
Dennis

·
Registered
92 Posts
Dana,I said it our BC board and I'll say it again here,you are a true CLASS ACT!

I agree with Kush,such a reward should not be neccessary for simply doing the right thing.The value of the flies and box to the one who found it clearly pails in comparison to the value of it to it's rightful owner.I think it's safe to say that this person simply doesn't know how much this box means to the owner.Hopefully,it will find it's way home soon.

·
chrome-magnon man
5,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
thanks tony!

...both for your kind words here and at fishBC. It just really bothered me that this box was lost and then apparently found and now held for ransom. You can't put a number on tradition and memories, for they are truly priceless, and I'd just like to see the box back in the hands of its rightful owner. If some top-notch tackle and a few hours instruction will help grease the wheels, then I'm happy to contribute.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Wrong site

We are yacking on the wrong site the guy is a bait fisherman.The odds he would ever see this site are really very remote.I imagine the box means nothing to a bait guy anyways it won't hold roe.Get the message on angling bc, and word to this guy will most likely get to him.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Re: Wrong site

FLYH20 said:
We are yacking on the wrong site the guy is a bait fisherman.The odds he would ever see this site are really very remote.I imagine the box means nothing to a bait guy anyways it won't hold roe.Get the message on angling bc, and word to this guy will most likely get to him.
DONE!It is already posted on FishBC.com and I just posted it on every section of AnglingBC.com.Hopefully word will get out and someone out there will either ID this guy or will know him and can talk some sense into him.Enough pressure and I'm sure he'll come running for the reward,rather than the alternative.He needs to know that while he may have found something and think that he is entitled to keep it,legally it belongs to the original owner.Should the RCMP be involved,he would have to give the box back and would end up with nothing.His options seem pretty clear to me.

Keep your fingers crossed Dennis,it's not over yet.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks Again

I would like to thank eveyone on this board for there consernes and positive comments, keeps the hopes up, I know this is still a long shot. I would also like to thank all Canadian community for your support. I called the RCMP and they said the info was to much here say so I felt they should not pursue this until we get a positive identification on this guy and get a confirmation that he still has the box. I will try to get up North after the 20th and make an atempt to talk or find him myself,we do have one thing In common is we fish the same pool. There is one thing for sure he found the box where I had fished the night before I left. Also everyone that has spent your own time looking for him or my box, I am indebted to you, so if you need some flys or money for your gas please feel free to E-mail me and I will reimburse you. I would really like to say thanks again to everyone involved and I know flys are a small offer but I hope the I they will meet your approvel. Dana,Kush,FLYh20,tonyd,ryan,juro,pmflyfisher,bebop,sinktip,andre,and I hope I didnt miss anyone Kudos to you all.
Tight Lines
Dennis

1 - 10 of 10 Posts