Spey Pages banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently picked one up in a trade haven't had the chance to fish want to know what u guys think. not really comparable to the rods i fish now Sage one an the tcx

·
Pupil of the river.
403 Posts
not really comparable to the rods i fish now Sage one an the tcx
I wouldn't say that at all. It's not the same as a ONE and certainly not a TCX, but it's a great rod. I fished one all winter two years ago and really loved it.

·
Pupil of the river.
403 Posts
what line were u fishing on yours?
I started with a 600 grain Skagit for tips, then dropped down to a 575 I believe. And, a Nextcast Fall Favorite 70 8/9 for a dry line. That 8/9 felt just a touch heavy at 730 grains. The 7/8 would possibly have been a better choice. I believe I ended up cutting the 8/9 back 6 feet to 60'.

I'd pick that rod up for either winter or long line way before a TCX. I think the TCX is a fantastic rod, but the Beulah is a fantastic rod in it's own right.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wanted somthing longer for larger rivers i would have liked this rod to be 14' but i dont think the few inches will really make a huge difrence

·
Registered
879 Posts
I brought one to Russia with me a couple years ago. The water was low, so we didn't need the heft of the big guns. It was a sweet casting rod, lots of feel. My only gripe was it felt a little too flimsy when fighting hot fish.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts