Spey Pages banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Grandpa Howard
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Retirement Fly Swap - CLOSED -

My life has been turned upside down over the past few months. You would think retiring would be a piece of cake. After 27 years I am hanging up the gun belt. So now that I have some free time I thought it would be fun to put an old school swap together.

Format will be:

Open to any level of fly tying experience, 10 fly tiers, fly must be tied on a summer hook size 2 through 8, with a minimum of 5 materials in the construction of the fly. 11 flies will be due no later than the 10th of April. I will place the extra set in a box to be donated to the East Idaho Fly Tying Expo.

1. Marty - Peacock Muddler
2. Charles/Smolt - Black Bear, Green Butt - Received
3. Rifflehitch - Green Butt Skunk - Received
4. aaronostoj - Undertaker
5. Back Eddy - Royal Charm - Received
6. Jabrowning24 - custom
7. Big Tuna - Brads BRAT
8. Bwana Bill
9. Failtospey - Blackers Spirit No1
10. Alchemist - Spawning Purple

Good Tying and better fishing

Don't forget toe tags.

Here is my address

Marty Howard
2440 S. Liberty Lane
Heber City, UT 84032

·
Registered
946 Posts
Retirement Fly Swap

My life has been turned upside down over the past few months. You would think retiring would be a piece of cake. After 27 years I am hanging up the gun belt. So now that I have some free time I thought it would be fun to put an old school swap together.

Format will be:

Open to any level of fly tying experience, 10 fly tiers, fly must be tied on a summer hook size 2 through 8, with a minimum of 5 materials in the construction of the fly. 11 flies will be due no later than the 10th of April. I will place the extra set in a box to be donated to the East Idaho Fly Tying Expo.

!. Marty - Muddler
2.Charles - Black Bear, Green Butt

Good Tying and better fishing
I added a Black Bear - Green Butt

·
Registered
481 Posts
I'm in... I'd like to tie an undertaker.

Aaron

PS.... A huge congrats on the Retirement! I hope this leaves lots of time for fishing, riding, grandkids and your wife.

·
Registered
ACR, Echo DHII, Danielsson, Leland, Hardy, Rio, Airflo
3,871 Posts
I am in

Royal Charm... oh my a bit nervous

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I'm in. Will figure out a fly and post it soon.

·
Registered
ACR, Echo DHII, Danielsson, Leland, Hardy, Rio, Airflo
3,871 Posts
Nice to see you Bill

Glad you jumped in Bill should be fun fun

·
Registered
481 Posts
Matt, you are fly tying stud. I can't imagine tying 11 of Blacker's #1 spirit flies. Make sure you get a group shot of them all together.

Aaron

·
Registered
446 Posts
I am in...

I am thinking I'll tie a spawning purple since I just got a lesson from John Shewey on how to tie it. With 11 to tie, perhaps the lesson will set in.

Mark

·
Matt Arciaga
835 Posts
Damn dingle I was hoping you'd give me relief on the one I already sent you hahahahaha DAMN!

·
Registered
928 Posts
D**n, would love to, but we head to Oregon tomorrow and then will spend a week on the OP. Won't be back until April 1, so it would really be pushing it for me. And I know what I would have tied.'

·
Registered
895 Posts
Glad you jumped in Bill should be fun fun
Fun indeed, my friend!

I've Googled the heck out of my computer, and could not find a Royal Charm!? Care to elaborate a bit on the pattern?

This good with you gent's?.........

It's my own creation, and was well received when I posted it a while back.

All we have to do is give her a name!

Thanks,

-Bill

1 - 20 of 85 Posts