Spey Pages banner

repair/replacement policies

3K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  Ol Rich 
Meiser warrenty and custom work.

Whisky Dick

I have had two experiences with Bob Meiser's warrenty and custom work. The warrenty was on a 13'6" 8/9 prototype rod I talked him into selling me. The second time out I broke the tip. Aaron at River Run Anglers sent it to Bob for repair. (No cost to me) Bob called and said he didn't feel right about replacin the tip on the rod since it was a prototype and had been tested by many people. I told him I didn't care I liked the rod. Bob's said "Don't worry Rich, you will like the new rod". He was right, it is still my favorite rod. The new rod arrived at no cost.

When Bob posted he was offering Scotch Barrel wood I gave him my 13'6 to have the lower handle changed to the Scotch Barrel wood and asked him to replace the reel seat with the new pewter colored longer seat. I gave him the rod at the Sandy and told him to take his time I didn't need the rod until this winter because I had the 13' 6/7 MKS for summer.

At the Spay Fair in Carnation Bob brought the 13'6" 8/9 with the barrel wood lower handle. He said it would cost too much to change the reel seat so he built me a 13'6" 8/9 MKS with barrel wood lower handle and accents because he no longer produced my original 13'6" 8/9 rod. My cost for all of this was $445.

Needless to say I will purchase many more rods from Mr. Meiser.

Rich

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.