Spey Pages banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
chrome-magnon man
5,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Life has a funny way of sneaking up on you...
--Alanis Morissette​

Sure does...

Remember all that excitement last month about Trout Speys? We'll, I don't know if it had something to do with all that excitement, or maybe the Single Malt of the Month Club, but I pack all my stuff up into Poul's camper and we set off for Alberta. I fish cutthroat on a little creek in eastern BC for a few days before we get to the Bow, then the Bow ends up being lousy so off to the Livingstone we go. There I fish 1 day with my single hand yellow 388 and then say "ok, time for the trout spey tests!" Into the rod storage chest I go (really the space between the outside wall of the camper and the inside of the truck bed) and I search...and search...and search...until I find a 9ft 4 wt but no 11ft+ lightline rods!!!

It appears that I somehow managed to grab the wrong rod from the warehouse. Great. Two weeks on trout water but no trout speys to test.

So, instead I spent a ton of time speycasting my single hand rods (except to dry off a fly I didn't use an overhead cast a whole lot throughout the trip) and thinking "wow, this would have been a great place to test the trout spey!"

Soooo...it appears the trout spey will be an on going project. Now with fall steelhead season rapidly approaching there won't be a whole lot of time left to do the trout thing, so I'll tinker with the concept and play around with some graphite and see what I come up with.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.