Spey Pages banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have three reels to sell, two classics and a modern. PICS ADDED: http://s1244.photobucket.com/albums/gg568/Halifaxangler/

1.SOLD Robichaud Salmon (LHW). Serpentine handled, bench-made reel from the late 1990's. 3-3/8" Diameter. Ideal for swtich rod, although I recently had an 8/9 SA Atlantic Salmon Spey line on the reel. It was also my primary reel for Atlantics for about 5 years, paired with a Sage XI2 9wt. I am the second owner, but the first never lined it. It has been cared for, and with the exception of one small nick in the frame, it's in great shape. It has a cork disk drag, and round drag knob on the back plate with detents at each level of drag. There is new 40lb braid backing (150 yds) on the reel. $1200 CDN Shipped in NA

2. SOLD. Kola Salmon LA (LHW -reversible). This is a modern large arbour reel 4-1/4" diameter, with plenty of capacity for the largest long belly lines. I bought this reel 4 years ago from Just Reels (Jr. Spey). It was described as a prototype, that had some patent infringements and therefore would not be marketed in NA. It is constructed from Aluminum, and has a lovely titanium anodizing. This reel might have seen 6-10 days total use; it is in like-new condition. It has a draw-bar drag system with a carbon disk, silent on the intake and soft (Tibor-like) purr on the outtake. I gave considerable thought to bringing this to Boca Grande for Tarpon, but I am not sure the top-end is strong enough. Perfectly adequate for andronomous though! 200 yds of orange dacron is on the reel. $450 CDN Shipped in NA. Full offer an I will throw in an Airflo Long Belly with multi tips.

3. SOLDBogdan #2 Large Salmon (RHW). 3-3/4" Diameter. The deal with this one: I bought it about 18 months ago from an auction in Maine, thinking that I'd get Stephen to convert to LHW. It now seems like thas may be a pipe dream, and I don't want it hanging around without the prospect of getting used. The reel is definitely used, with a moderate amount of boat rash, but not the worst example that I've seen. Its likely from the 70's with the gold anodizing on the frame and spool. The reel foot has initials engraved (from the original owner I presume). All in all, it's a terrific example of a spey sized Bogdan that's seen some honest use and would be at home on the river without having to baby it. It has 150 yds of 30lb braid on it. $2500 CDN Shipped in NA.

As stated above, I will post pics on Monday when I get to my work computer. If anyone has interest, you can PM me but it would be faster to respond through email at [email protected].

·
Registered
333 Posts
re Megoff Koala Salmon reel

Please note that Megoff-Founded by Alex Kaplun did not make this reel and the add is in error.the reel was made in Korea and designed in Russia.
I have direct communication from Alex to confirm that.
Information is without malice or prejudice and is to clear up any mis info which I am absolutely sure was NOT INTENTIONAL on your part.

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Megoff Reel??

Thanks for the update.

I purchased the reel from a Megoff dealer (Just Reels). It was marketed to me as such. I believe that I correctly stated that it is a prototype.

Regardless, I will ammend the offering to remove "Megoff" in the description until I confirm exactly what it was that I purchased. Either way, ui is a great reel that's not getting any use by me, so it has to go.

I am quite confident of the pedigree of the Robichaud and Bogdan.

Chris

·
Registered
824 Posts
chris
you might want to hold onto that bogdan reel , they only climbing up in value after his death , i think i know someone who could swap it over to LHW for you , he has a bunch of bogdans and fish's them , knows them inside out ,

if you do keep it and want it to be LHW , send me a email and i'll hook the 2 of you up , i'm sure he'll help you out ,

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bump to top

Still 2 reels available...for about another week. If they don"t move here, I'll send them to a private broker.
Questions and/or offers invited.

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Robichaud Still Available

The Kola is gone.

The Robichaud is still available...bench-made American craftsmanship, perfect for a 9-11 ft rod. This reel was designed for steelhead fisherman, with a longer handle than is normal, for wearing winter gloves.
The last Robi Salmon that went on Langs went for $1550. I retired this reel (due to purchae of another bench made beauty) after 200 salmon, but it has thousands of fish left.
If you are on the fence, make an offer...I am reasonable. If I don't have any interest within a week, it's going another route.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts