Spey Pages banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
noob
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I've got a GLoomis Roaring River GLX greaser, 15' 8/9 and a gaelforce 63 line. currently the line sits on an Echo ion 10/12, which was a fine reel until i used it on my 12wt single hander in the salt for about a month. i am now noticing some serious startup inertia and i know it wasn't built for the saltwater, so i am now in the market for a new reel. does anyone here fish this rod? if so can you talk about what reel you have on it? i like to balance my rod just about on the forward ridge of the cork, or maybe a hair beyond, and the echo did this quite well. considering the Tibor Spey as well as a Hardy perf 4 or 4.25, but i want to hear what else you like!

·
Hooked4life
2,085 Posts
I use an Danielsson HD9-13 on a Grease Liner 15' 7/8 and on an NRX 15' 10/11 so the same reel should be fine on yours. It handles the salt just fine as well and would be ideal for your 12 wt.

·
Registered
241 Posts
reel

You might want to consider a 4 or 41\4" Speyco. Tim will build it to your specific reel weight requirements.Just a heads up but I heard they are discontinuing the Tibor spey reel, not sure why, always struck me as a gorgeous looking reel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts