Spey Pages banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I should have my Meiser MKS 13'6" 8/9 in a couple of weeks. Plan to use a 650g Rio skagit head.

Question: If you could choose, would you use the Bougle MKV, or the new Hardy Angel. If the Angel, which model? I'm guessing the 4 3/16" #11/12. What's your thoughts? I'm also open to other suggestions. Thanks.

·
Banned
974 Posts
I am becoming addicted the Bougle's. Here are pics of my new Meiser 13' 7/8 with a Bougle MK V. Meiser does really pretty work, I think that the Bougle makes a nice complement. The balance is perfect. I would try the Angel, if possible, first as it is a heavier reel. Sorry for the quality of pics, but it was getting dark.

Best,
David

·
Mr. Mom
625 Posts
Both are pricey for what you get... That being said I adore my mark IV 4inch! The angel appears to have no bearing system whatsoever... The Bougle does, just early last century style, you know, the kind of ball bearings that came from the factories Hogan was always trying to blow up on Hogan's Heroes. "Who is this MAAAAAANNNN!" The Angel just seems to be a dressed up "Marquis Salmon" to me for too much money. Sorry, just being honest. I'd go for the Bougle...

·
Banned
974 Posts
JasonH said:
Nice pictures and a great setup. Is that the anniversry edition bougle, i've never seen the gold/green model before.

Jason

Jason,

It is the "regular" Bougle. The pic was taken in waning light and the flash made the colors untrue.

David

·
Registered
886 Posts
Buy a Perfect......you will end up with a Perfect so save money and time and by the Perfect in the begining.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Willie Gunn - Help me undertstand

:confused: I imagine you have a solid reason for saying, "You'll end up with a Perfect", but since the purpose of my posting is to understand, would you explain why you believe I'll end up with a Perfect?

In other words, in comparison, what are the stronger points of the Perfect and/or the weaker points of the Bougle?
Thanks

·
Registered
886 Posts
Ask yourself; Why do I want a Hardy? is the noise? the looks? the tradition?
Now the Bougle is a modern version of a reel designed for Mr Bougle which was a Perfect lightened for tournement casting. The originals are much sought after and valuable.
The Perfects are just perfect. They have everything looks, noise and tradition, I would hate to suggest you buy to make money on them but they do not loose money.

To put it simply the Perfects are "it" the Bougles are just modern copies of it.

·
fly on little wing
1,136 Posts
you better believe what Malcolm says

here are my last 2 reel purchases;

bougle' mkV 4" June 2004
perfect 4" october 2005.

my next purchase will be a perfect.

btw, you will not be disappointed with the bougle'

Gary

1 - 11 of 11 Posts