Spey Pages banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would welcome the chance to hear of other members' reel and line pairings for the above rod.

Looking forward to using it for trout and smallies.

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
I think that's the same configuration that used to be referred to as the System II. On mine I use a Hardy Princess, with a AFS 4/5 or a 300 gr skagit.

·
Registered
253 Posts
rod

I use both a lamson lite speed 2, and a 3, go to steve G for your lines,he`s the master of all things in lines
IMO- Gene

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, gents.

I picked up the SGS Alpha Trouty which the seller was offering as part of the purchase.

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
+1 on having Steve build you the line.

I use both a lamson lite speed 2, and a 3, go to steve G for your lines,he`s the master of all things in lines
IMO- Gene
He and The Meiz actually share a shop here in Central Point.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
3-5/8 Perfect.
SGS 29' 299grains.

it's excellent. poly tips require some work. If you're doing tip work, I'd try the same grain wt but shorter. Or call Steve. Phone call to line showing up for my last purchase was 3 days.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Line for new Meiser

Get the line from Godshall!!! It will cost about the same any good line will cost. All my lines are from Steve and they ALL worked just like Steve said they would.

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
I agree with the Godshall recommendations- lines perfect for the rods.

I got my first couple Meiser sticks before SGS lines were a part of it, thus the AFS and Skagit on my 10'6. I toss SPG's with my others.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Bob had one at the clave in OR a few weeks ago my 3.5 spey trout fit like a glove. He ended up ordering it other day and perfect timing as I just got these back in stock...
If interested AKS please feel free to call me for the full options the web page is a little behind.
1-920-227-5574

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the heads up, Tim. Looking forward to putting the 3" you recently sent me through the paces.

·
Premium Member
3,764 Posts
I have something very similar, the TM106130 conversion rod. In the switch rod configuration 3/4/5 wt 10'6" I'm using Steve's line on a Hardy Marquis #7. Looks and feels good on that very lightweight rod. May be just me but you may not want to go heavier on that rod. A princess would be also be nice.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts