Spey Pages banner

RedShed speyclave

5K views 17 replies 16 participants last post by  Nate Bailey 
#1 ·
Who is all going to the RedShed speyclave at the end of September?

#4 · (Edited)
Ten Years Ago !!!!

This will be the tenth anniversary of Poppy's and Linda's spey clave. Time passes quickly camped in the pasture chasing balls and hanging out with Daisy. Already met a nice b run hen, and I can't wait to meet the rest of her friends. I know Nana has lots of cookies already made, and she took time out to make an incredible fresh peach pie for me. It was FANTASTIC !!!! Great time, Great friends, Great fishing ---- Can't Wait !!!! YAHOO

Just a Reminder: don't forget to pinch your barbs. On spey caster was already caught not doing so by the game warden. Yes, I said game warden! After fishing the Clearwater River for eight years I was finally checked. It made my day. It's great to finally see them on the river.

#7 ·
I will be there this year as well and I am really looking forward to it. Seems like a great bunch of anglers and mellow as.
Looking forward to meeting alot of folks from here as well.
Cheers.
J.

#13 ·
Red Shed spey clave

This year's Red Shed spey clave was another fantastic event. The spey casting presenters definitely gave us something to aspire to and as always the food was great. Thanks to all the vendors for setting up and displaying their products. I want to thank Poppy and his family for all their hard work putting this event together. And a special thanks to Linda for making such outstanding cookies.

#14 ·
I'll just echo GrayGhost's kudos to Poppy and family. Fun event every year.
Probably the tiniest, most out-of-the-way fly shop on the planet putting on one of the best shows. And the proprietor of said fly shop, one of the most highly respected figures in the spey community. Funny how things evolve sometimes. Thanks to all who contributed.

#16 ·
A good time was had by all....

Thanks for the food and good times! I brought my wife and she loved it...its probably going to require me to share my equipment....I probably missed it but flies for winter steelheading on the clearwater would have been a nice preso...

Loc Vetter wins new product of the year...:whoa:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.