Spey Pages banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a compact 5 or 7 piece rod that fits my alpine lake hiking trips that I have planned. On the surface the Redington's seem to fit the bill. Does anyone have any expereince with these rods? :rolleyes:

Durability? Smooth feel? Customer Service?

Thanks for the help! YC

·
Registered
92 Posts
One of the best casting multi-piece rods there is,and without a doubt the best for the price.It recently outcast all the top rods in a head to head competion at a world flyfishing show.As far as customer service goes,Redington is second to none.

·
JD
3,609 Posts
multi pc rods

Don't know about the Redington's but a lot of Cableas rods, both 5 & 7 pc in use by members of Long Beach Casting Club. Everyone I have talked to has nothing but praise for them.

JD

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Last year, after a favorable review in "Fly Rod & Reel," I bought a 9' 6-piece 6-weight fly rod, Korean made, marketed here under the Gallatin Onyx Premiere label, for $99.99. It's a fast-action IM-6 rod that compares well with many competing mid-price fly rods. They're available from 9" #5 to 10" #9, all 5-piece except for my selection. It's a good performer at a great price.
They're available through National Sports Supply, Box 14, Random Lake, WI 53075; order phone: 877-423-3474; email: [email protected]; web page: www.877icefish.com.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts