Spey Pages banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any comments with regard to the action and performance of the Redington RS3 series rods? I'm considering an entry level summer steelhead rod for my son...specifically the 13'-3" 7wt

AD P

·
loco alto!
3,109 Posts
I tried to edit my post to add a line, and accidentally deleted the whole thing.

Rod is medium fast, flex across the entire blank, with a nice firm tip and some flex into the butt. Action falls between a Sage Euro and Traditional, with very fast graphite recovery that gives the rod a quick feel. The blank is finished and wrapped well, the cork and seat are average quality, but the cork is long enough for those who prefer an open grip. Good lines are WC 7/8/9, Hardy Mach 1+ 8/9, Airflo Delta Long 7/8, RIO 550 skagit.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your input SS.....greatly appreciated. Do you think the action of the rod would be condusive to skagit style? I already have a Rio 550 and the 7/8 delta long on a couple of reels.

·
loco alto!
3,109 Posts
it will toss a RIO 550 quite nicely, though the quicker action doesn't lend itself to a rubbery continuous edgit style. The Hardy Mach 1+ 8/9 is a superior dryline on this rod, see Redshed for closeout.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts