Spey Pages banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
these for sale at $99 to $150 each. Good deals given the original pricing. But given the 'out of manufacture' situation at "sixes and sevens" on whether to drop the dime to replace some old reels.

Your thoughts?
fae

·
Registered
80 Posts
Maybe so, but the original owners seem to be back on track with *offering up (at $25 pre-paid) service for the "out of warranty" reels recently liquidated by Orvis and bearing the Redington branding. Consumer friendly in my book!

Wish I had purchased a few now.

ws

*see redington's web page for details.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm curious how Reddington is going to keep track of which ones got liguidated where. I know I'll put up a fight if they want me to pay for repairs for a reel bought from Blue Northern, rather than the 2 places where these reels have been at extra deep disounts.

·
Mr. Mom
625 Posts
I would trust redington. Dealt with them alot in the shop when there were some problems with the initial runs. The original supplier substituted screws that were too short to attach the reel foot to the reel frame. They barely made thread to thread contact! They took care of anyone who was impacted, and by "took care of" I don't mean they sent them new screws. Also had a few personal claims (always watch your backcast on a cruiser :mad: ) taken care of speedily and completely.

·
Registered
6 Posts
markings

Fred - pop the spool off - you should see a zero etched into the metal of both the reel & spool. It looks like an electric engraving tool was used for this.

Good luck - I've never had any probs w/ my 9/10 LA or Herself with her 7/8 RS2's

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very cool!~ I assume the 'zero' indicates a 'dump it' reel.

Will leave the debit card locked in the trunk of the VW when I hit GI Joe's tomorrow.

I will be strong, I will be strong, I will be as weak as a new born kitten, NO NO!! I will be strong.:whoa:

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rich, for some unknown reason bank's system won't allow

us to connect with your e mail carrier (sending out, they'll come in).

Anyway, my message said don't know if I'd need both but would like to get your price on at least one.

[email protected]
[email protected]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts