Spey Pages banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.

I'm always amazed at the service you people get over the pond, and never more so than recently.
MJC at the redshedflyshop has been wonderful.
I have been struggling to get a batch of spares for my many tioga's. Many emails and phone calls drew a blank until these people offered to help out.

He made a call or two, and low and behold, he said the parts where indeed available. Hooray !!.

It gets better.

A week or so later, another email arrives with the news that the parts are at the shop, but to save "ME" an international phone call and $5.00 he'd send the parts FOC, thats "FREE OF CHARGE" :Eyecrazy:

I couldn't believe it. Absolutely wonderful service from a guy i've never brought anything from.

That will of course change now, and the next big item will go his way.

After recent trials with my 6126-3 a slighty longer 7141 would seem nice. I live in a out of the way place and can never see yet alone feel before i buy, but the 6126-3 really opened my eyes to whats out there. It is wonderful (except for short handle), which actually can be a bonus as i often use it single handed :tsk_tsk:

I wonder if the redshedflyshop stocks sage rods, i'll have to ask him for some advice.

Service begets loyalty, or something like that.

--
Keith.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Have to agree with you on the service Mike gives. He has busted his butt for me every time I have dealt with him. A quality guy with a quality shop. He will get my business for as long as I play this game.

·
cast,mend,stumble,swear..
194 Posts
Will 2nd and 3rd these posts... gotta love small shops like the redshed...

·
Registered
646 Posts
I'm so glad that Mike at the Red Shed got it done for you! I knew that he could and that was the reason I recommend him as your "go to" guy. In my opinion the service (and spey selection) his shop offers is the epitome of what a fly shop should be.
Chris

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
In fact he sent a ton of parts, that arrived all neatly packaged.

I really do owe him big time.

Recent discussions on lines are steering me towards a phone call his direction.

Being this close to christmas though may see me ducking the hand of my wife :tsk_tsk: :tsk_tsk: :hihi:

Oh, i've had this rod ages dear, don't you remember :devil: :chuckle:

·
Registered
308 Posts
old truckers understand "parts" service!!

The guy is amazing. He knows" it don't run without parts", and his livelihood used to live or die by service or lack of it. So he knows what service is, and he gives it ..obviously... BTW, the front yard of the shop has some interesting parts projects in it... ;>)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just to keep RedShedThread goin,

Just to keep this thread going, I will be buying my first spey rod from Mike at the RedShed, on the banks of the Clearwater. Visited last month on a reccomendation from a casual aquaintance. Great little shop, with likely the best inventory of spey equipment East of Kaufmann's SuperStores. Plenty of rods to take out and cast, or to rent for a day or two if desired. I am sure you can buy most any rod from Mike, with a return if not satisfied. I spent a little over an hour, exploring the madness of spey casting, and altough I will resist giving up the pleasure of long lines on overhead casts, a spey rod will be in my future( likely a CND as a starting point.

Mark

1 - 7 of 7 Posts