Spey Pages banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy some Spey hooks in moderate quantities - maybe 50ish per size. Daiichi 2051, etc. As a newb can people recommend to me some places they like to get their hooks from online?

·
Registered
ACR, Echo DHII, Danielsson, Leland, Hardy, Rio, Airflo
3,844 Posts
I always done well with Fly Fish USA

Reactions: Botsari

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
L'ami du Moucheur in Trois Rivieres Qc. Canada
or even better Mistpool in Sweden .I have great service from both these places and the shipping from Mistpool is VERY fast and prices are quite good !
Fly Fish USA are very good as well and very accommodating for shipping to Canada

·
Broken Down Spey Freak
2,169 Posts
Other than here in the classifieds I be been buying from W.W. Doak. In New Brunswick. Togan's has they're own brands as well.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
J. Stockard has Alec Jackson speys in a number of sizes.

·
Premium Member
3,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The 3s are out of stock at a large number of places. I’m sure those are the most popular size. So for simplicity I used the first place that had all of the ones I wanted at a reasonable price. The joke may end up being on me if they email me in a few days and say, “well, actually we need to back order some things”. In which case I just ended up ordering from the least honest website. :LOL:

Oh well, it’s a long term proposition and no rush.Thanks again.

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Hey let me look the shop of Wayne may be able to help you out....What size and how many
The 3s are out of stock at a large number of places

·
Premium Member
3,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey let me look the shop of Wayne may be able to help you out....What size and how many
Nice of you. I already placed an order, but I was looking for something like 30 x 7, 50 x 5, 50 x 3 and 20 x 1.5

·
flytie09
989 Posts
Good to know who has bought all of the Blue Heron size 3s up. Confession time. They're harder to find than hen's teeth. Generous offer Wayne. I have some......perhaps I could part with a dozen or so. You'd have to sweet talk me or write a folk tune in my honor.

·
Premium Member
3,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I used Bob Marriot’s which even though it was not something I cared about happened to also be the closest to me as well. From what I can tell from the website they are largish, and a step (but only a step) above “Bass Pros”. And so, it now occurs to me in hindsight, are exactly the guys one might expect to have something listed (and take your money for) that they don’t have in stock. Guess we will see. I once found a few packs of (seemingly) rare #12 Spey hooks in the clearance bin at a “bait shop” - they sold actual worms there - but they decided to get rid of their fly stuff. But while it lasted they had about the cheapest tying material you could find in a shop anywhere. I know that is a low bar, but I was sad when they closed out that stuff. Felt like a secret only a few knew about.

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
I had you covered..
Nice of you. I already placed an order, but I was looking for something like 30 x 7, 50 x 5, 50 x 3 and 20 x 1.5

Reactions: Botsari

·
Premium Member
3,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I had you covered..
My head is going to start hurting with all my head smacking today. But SUPER nice for you to offer! I got a great deal and super low shipping - just crossing my fingers after not checking poppy first. I may have called a curse down upon my head.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts